Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Horizon Hobbies Kudos for US 60

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Horizon Hobbies Kudos for US 60

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 04:48 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horizon Hobbies Kudos for US 60

OK, we all have seen the Horizon Hobby-bashing threads right after the Ultra Stick 60 came on the scene. A bunch of us ended up with wing panels with broken ribs. Horizon attributed this to packaging problems. I know they replaced a bunch of those wings.

Well, my wing had one rib with pieces missing between the 2 lite holes. The rib still did its job and I decided to live with it. I've been flying my US 60/Saito FA-100 for over 2 months and that wing never gave me a problem. The 2 pieces that broke off the rib are still floating around inside the wing.

A few days ago I asked Horizon to send me some scrap H9 Transparent Yellow Ultracoate so I could repair the rib during my hangar rash cleanup mood. They went one better, working just off my request and a statement from me that the rib was broken when I received the plane new, they sent me a full roll of H9 Transparent Yellow Ultracoate -- no questions asked. Now I have enough to fix the wing and even fix the landing gear damage on the fuselage. By the time I'm done my 2.5 month-old Ultra Stick 60 will look brand new because I'm also going to clean up the baked-on varnish on my Saito's exhaust and muffler.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:54 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Horizon Hobbies Kudos for US 60

Sounds like a first class company to me! Congrats.....

Jerry
Old 08-14-2002, 12:10 AM
Pud
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YUP!

They did good by me also!
Same deal, when I got my US60, had to fix ribs.
Told my LHS folks, they called Horizon, who basically said,"Give him a roll of covering, we will take care of it".
Had a few other issues, but they were handled well.
Sometimes they are a little slow getting back with things, but I have to say they have been good to me!!
Pud