Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Is Mobil 1 MX2T good for DA-50?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is Mobil 1 MX2T good for DA-50?

Old 11-06-2004, 08:10 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Burned a whole bunch again today, on another engine. This one is new and I will keep very close track of how it sounds and if any other sound but the ring developes when move the prop slightly. Wicked nice day today!

Joe
Old 11-06-2004, 09:19 PM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The ring movement is almost impossible to see- but if you really look- the oil film squishs up down.
The reason I mention this is that the ring actually seals by having pressure flow from the top , to behind the ring and presses it down against the bottom ring LAND - and outward against the cyl wall.
On engines which have carbon in the ring grooves -or a stuck ring-- this "moving"seal is ruined.
So - that's why I want to see the engine have very little or no carbon - and the ring always free in the groove.
Temperatue control is what oil is all about and some oils burn easily then form carbon and can easily foul the ring.
So far - this stuff seems to be the cleanest running .
I am sure some other oils will give very comparable results . I also like to see the engine
wet" inside after a flying session - This stuff seems to be scoring well on that point also.
Again after a few more gallons of flying - I will have a better idea as to just how much change there is--compared to the 50-1 mixes of Redline I was using.
The ZDZ pistons always seemed to show small vertical scratches on the piston skirts- The engines I am now running with this oil- don't have any..
Old 11-06-2004, 09:40 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Not to start anything here, but from my limited experience with any engine. Just use a high quality oil and TUNE the engine properly and you will have a long and enjoyable relationship. Oh and keep it well ventilated, and loaded correctly.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Just use a high quality oil and TUNE the engine properly and you will have a long and enjoyable relationship.
PLease read this link if you want to learn more about the impact of using the wrong oil:
http://www.wildharerc.com/Downloads/2strokeoil.pdf

The worst oil would be a conventional petrolium 2 stroke oil. Look at the piston pictures[X(]
It seems 50:1 is a good mix and Rotax recommand any oil with API TC performance and that's what Mobil 1 get!
Finally, engine that require the fuel and oil to be premixed should use 50:1.
From Mobil 1 website:http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...cycle_Oils.asp

Mobil 1 MX2T is recommended for 2-cycle motorcycle engines which specify the use of a pre-mix, 2-cycle engine oil. The manufacturer's recommendation for fuel oil ratio should be followed when mixing Mobil 1 MX2T with the fuel. This product is race proven around the world and will provide outstanding lubricity and thermal stability under extreme high-temperature, high-engine speed operating conditions in any 2-cycle, motorcycle engine. Further, Mobil 1 MX2T will help minimize spark plug fouling and exhaust smoke. Mobil 1 MX2T exceeds the API TC, JASO FC and proposed ISO-L-EGD, 2-cycle engine oil performance levels.

That's what i am going to use on my gas engines.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:08 AM
calnev4bob

The MVVS 58 manual recomends Mobil Racing 2T oil and if necessary "quality-name synthetic oil intended racing two stoke engines. Mobil MX2T oil is produced for competition and racing motorcycle two stoke engines. Mobil Racing is supplied with the engine. I intend to use Mobil MX2T after my MVVS 58 is broken in.