Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Roto 35 Gas/Oil Mix

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 06:01 PM
BiplaneCrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roto 35 Gas/Oil Mix

I have been told to use the Blue Marble oil in my Bergen Intrepid that's powered by a G-23 non modified. It is still in proccess so I have not flown that bird. My buddy has been using Blue marble in his Hansen Modified G23 in his Intrepid and has no problems from the oil, only problems with the modifications made by Hansen. The ratio was 1:60/gal for Blue Marble. It's good synthetic oil I'm told.

The Roto 35 is asking for Motul 600 oil @ 1:50gal, but I don't like brand jumping. Do you recon it will be the same mixas the G-23, or should I stick with the 1:50 mix? shouldn't you be able to lean the BM out a tiny bit more to 1:60?

The Intrepid may rise soon, although I realy can't be bothered by heli's this year for some reason. Once I leaned to fly planks, and moved up to a YS engine I could not care to fuss around on the bench all day. Planks hover aslo and go faster. But heli's are still neat..., but next year.

[link=http://www.envirofuelslp.com/Consumer/]Blue Marble Synthetic Oil[/link]
Old 09-20-2004, 10:00 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Default RE: Roto 35 Gas/Oil Mix

nothing at Blue Marble's site about using it in air cooled motors, I would call them and ask.

Jim
Old 11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
mbiedul
My Feedback: (3)

Roto.cz recommends Motul. I wasn't familiar with it, but have been using it in all my gas engines and so far am very pleased. Going 50:1 in ZDZ engine, and 40:1 in the big RCS/Moki four-stroke radial. Haven't bought the Roto 35 yet, but will confidently use Motul when I do. Seems to be a very slippery synthetic, though a bit pricey. -Mike
Old 11-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Flip and Fly

I have been using Motul 600 and now 800 in my ZDZ 80 and Brison 2.4 at 40:1 no problems. I get it at my local motorcycle dealership and I find it priced well at 15.00$ Canadian for 1L. The 800 is for hi temp racing engines, though the 600 has worked well for me.

Can you get it where you are may be a issue!