Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H9-P51 Balance Question/Landing Gear Question

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H9-P51 Balance Question/Landing Gear Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 11:03 AM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9-P51 Balance Question/Landing Gear Question

I have my H9 P-51 balanced per the manual, but I after the maiden I noticed that i have a fair amount of down elevator to keep it level. I only flew it with the gear down, so i'm not sure about trim changes when the gear is up. I was going to add more weight up front but now i'm wondering if the lift or drag changes that much with the gear up/down. I'm guessing that the CG doesn't change much because the gear position fore/aft doesn't change much if any. help!!

Also, haven't read all the threads hear about the P-51 but after the maiden i put the plane up on a rack and couldn't get the gear to retract, internal rubbing somewhere. I saw that someone put in BVM struts (just the struts or pneumatic retracts as well?)

I thought about robart retracts, but before i re-engineer, anyone have any success with the stock gear off of grass and a bunch of landings??? they sure seem wobbly. no hard surface here.

cheers

joeeagle
Old 08-21-2002, 05:51 AM
TIGER2PLANE

Default H9-P51 Balance Question/Landing Gear Question

I can`t see much change when the gear is up or down other than a little drag and yes I changed the struts from 5/32 to 3/16 to give it more support. As for your drag or rub in the push rods, did you raise the servo 1/4 " and you need to cut out some of the inner rib to get free run on the rods.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:29 AM
F.Ciccarello
My Feedback: (60)

Default H-9 P-51

JoeEagle.......

I put BVM struts in my mechanical retrats that came with the plane..........LHS had the BVM's on hand, otherwise you can put any name brand you want to use.

I had to trim down elevater in my plane to make it fly level.....
balanced at point that the book calls for.