Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Is this heli good or not?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Is this heli good or not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Androdz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this heli good or not?

Hi guys on ebay im seeing this helicopter that is a 4 ch and includes the simulator for less than 160$ US is it any good or will it fly? I dont want a 1k$ competition heli, I just want something I can fly around with and I can control. It is the E-Sky Advanced 4CH Radio Remote Control RC Helicopter

e.b.a.y. Item number 3194560937

Att. Andrew

BRAND NEW E-Sky 4-Channel R/C Helicopter
New Model - Improved Performance and Reliability
Ready-To-Fly - 4 Channel Radio System Installed

This is the E-sky "Honey Bee" Electric R/C helicopter by Feda. Feda is the manufacturer of Century's Hummingbird helicopters. The Designers of the E-sky studied the shortcomings of previous electric helicopters such as Smartech, Hummingbird, Jabo, among others, and came up with a revolutionary new design.

Characteristics of E-sky Helicopter

Very good quality radio system
High quality 370 class main motor - the power of a 380 motor, but the size of a 280 motor
Flight simulation cable and software disc is included
Spare parts are cheap and can be bought from me
Previous-Generation Helicopters E-sky's Improvements
Difficult to learn for beginners Previous helicopters do not have flight simulation capability. PC flight simulation cable and software disc are included with E-sky to help you learn how to fly a helicopter. Now you can practice your skills on any PC and greatly reduce your equipment damage.
Poor flight performance Previous helicopters use an outdated 280 electric motor. E-sky uses a premium quality 370 motor. this new motor is much more powerful than the 280 motor on Smartech, Hummingbird and Jabo, yet power consumption stays the same. Flight performance is greatly improved.
Cheap radio system The newly designed radio system is based on design and technology from JR and offers outstanding interference protection. Both Mode 1 and Mode 2 transmitters are available.
Spare parts hard to find Complete set of spare parts are available. See the list below.

This helicopter has been tested before shipping. I will take responsibility if the helicopter you bought is defective. If it is defective I will happily allow you to exchange for another helicopter.

A sale is NOT final! I am here to offer support! I am a helicopter flyer myself and I will do my best to answer your questions and otherwise help you enjoy your helicopter. Spare parts for this helicopter can be purchased from me at nominal costs.

E-sky has a really nice transmitter and one of its best feature is flight simulation on PC. Be sure to use this capability because it could save you $100's in damages.

I do not offer return, only exchange of defective items.

Shipping fee will be $24 for street address inside continental USA.

Model: "E-sky" 4 Channel R/C Helicopter

Fully assembled, no extra parts needed
Battery and charger
2 x 6g Micro-servo
Mixer & speed controller
Gyro and Receiver
4 channel transmitter
Stylish E-sky canopy - almost identical to Century Hummingbird v2
English user's manual
Extra: Apache AH-64D Scale Helicopter Canopy (plastic), not sophisticated, but pretty cute

Product Specifications

Length: 469mm
Rotor Span: 510mm
Battery & Charger: Rechargeable 8.4v NiMH battery pack
Channel : 4 (Complete Left/Right, Up/Down and Pitch Control)
Motor: 2 (Main motor and tail motor)
20 minute flight time
Old 07-20-2004, 01:13 AM
camra88

Default RE: Is this heli good or not?

My E-sky flies fine for me

JP
Old 07-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Fasa
My Feedback: (5)

i heard they weren't good and the parts are a pain to get. Reading up a lot drove me to the fact that the Aerohawk is a much better buy.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Androdz
My Feedback: (1)

$ for aerohawk?

Att. Andrew
Old 07-20-2004, 08:41 PM
JohnY2004

Fasa,
Have you received your aerohawk yet? It seems you have been waiting for it quite something.

Androdz,
My first heli was an aerohawk and i was totally disappointed with its electronics. Tail wagging was the biggest problem. If you can't control the tail, there's no way you can fly this heli.

I've had the Jabo2 for couple weeks and have been flying it everyday outdoor in my own backyard in calm to slightly windy conditions and have had more than twenty crashes from 2-8 ft in the air. In most of the big crashes, hitting a patio and trees in my backyard, the rotary airfoil head(blade holder) would just dislocate from the main rotatating head. it's no big deal and it's so easy to fix by just holding the mast with a pier and press the blade holder back on top of the two bearings of the main rotatating head. But becareful not try to bend the main shaft. I'm still flying with my CA-ed stock tailblades. I'm very happy with its electroncis and durability. It's only $130 from eBay. It comes with a PCM transmitter.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Deleted User

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-29-2004, 01:43 PM
mok73ph

know where i can buy cheap canopy for this? or maybe something that i can make it a scale model?