Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

x-rotation bearing specs

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

x-rotation bearing specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 08:52 AM
JohnY2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x-rotation bearing specs

Could some one please tell me what are the mechanical specifications for the two bearings that are being used on the upper blade of the mainshaft and on the bottom near the maingear?

On a very calm wind condition yesterday, I tried to see how high my x-rotation can climb. Once it reached 20FT plus, it still kept climbing, so I just hovered at that altitude for a minute or two until I accidentially reduced the throttle.

This heli dropped down from the sky like the 1929 stock market[X(][X(][X(]. It hit some branches of the tree before dropping to the ground. I was glad it didn't break any parts. Today when I flew it again, it started wobbling and the lower blades struck the upper blades and crashed and one of the lower blades snapped off and the bearings had been damaged from the crash.

Thanks,
[][][]...
Old 11-25-2004, 05:18 AM
JohnY2004

Default RE: x-rotation bearing specs

It seems nobody had a clue what the mechanical specs of the bearings are for the x-rotation helicopter. I ordered the smallest bearing, 2.5 x 6mm but they're still too big to fit in. Are there any other places carry some bearings with specs smaller than 2.5 x6? I'm thinking of getting another x-rotation heli, and use the old one for spares.

Thanks,
Old 11-25-2004, 11:15 AM
R-Rudder

There's a used x-rotation on ebay, item #5937314976. All these mirco helis whether they're used or new are the same. Get a used one for spare parts is ok if you like this type of heli just in case. You never know what parts you're going to need. If you order just the parts you need everytime you crash, eventually it'll cost you close to getting a new one or more.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:54 PM
tnd2000

Check the older posts in this forum. Some one had a problem with x-rotation heli and needed a replacement part. The post has a link to spare parts for it.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:09 PM
warren52nz

Ooo, ooo.... I know the answer!!! [8D]

I had the same problem and found some in the States and bought a few. I have several of them but you'd probably be better off getting them locally especially if you live in the USA.

Write to [email protected]

and the bearings are:

MR52ZZ 10 Bearings 2x5x2.5 Metal Shielded Ball Bearing 1 $14.95 $14.95
Shipping: International Air Mail: $5.35
Sales Tax: $0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $20.30

Cheers
Warren