Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Honey Bee 2 3D - controller issues

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Honey Bee 2 3D - controller issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 04:24 AM
bumhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee 2 3D - controller issues

I recently purchased a Honey Bee 2 3D and have some issues with the controller.

I would like to swap the rudder and aileron axes over (sorry I am used to aircraft). The controller is currently in mode 1 (throttle on the right). I would like to keep the throttle on the right and put the yaw axis (roll axis on the left) on that side aswell. Will this affect the CCPM?
Old 11-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Velocity-8
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Honey Bee 2 3D - controller issues

I changed mine on my eSky radio but mine is the FP version. Here's what I did...

Remove the 4 (8 total) screws on the front holding the sticks to the chassis.

Remove the 2 screws that hold the electronic controller (I don't know the name of this) for the stick you want to change. Lift the entire stick assembly out so the trim tabs are out of the slots. Gentle work the electronic controller part with the wires free from the assembly and switch it with the other one. Reassemble and you're go to go.

HTH!
Old 11-29-2004, 05:31 PM
tnd2000

I'm guessing the esky doesn't come with a receiver where you can just swap the channels of the servos. Sounds like what you want to do is swap the left-right movement of the 2 sticks around. You might still be able to do it using velocity-8's methods, but you'll have to just swap the pot instead of the whole assembly. Alternatively it might be easier to simply cut the 4 wires and re-solder them.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Velocity-8
My Feedback: (15)

ORIGINAL: tnd2000

you'll have to just swap the pot instead of the whole assembly. Alternatively it might be easier to simply cut the 4 wires and re-solder them.

Yeah, just the pot. It's pretty easy to do. Once you get in there you'll see what I mean.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:41 AM
bumhead

Thanks. I took both gimbles out and swapped the horizontal axes around. Just removed the 2 silver screws on each side of the gimble and it comes out quite easy.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:36 AM
tanasit

You should want to switch the return to center spring with the rachet lock spring clip too. The throttle stick should be the lock one NOT return to center!