Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

HoneyBee CP takes off to the left

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

HoneyBee CP takes off to the left

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 06:49 AM
HEDIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HoneyBee CP takes off to the left

Hi!
I have the HoneyBee2 CP heli and I'm having some problems with it.
After a minor crash (the mainblades struck a wall) my heli doesnt fly as it did before.
At first when I got my new mainblades it wouldnt take off. I adjusted the mainblades angle
and got it to lift better. Later I found out that my swashplate was broken.
The upper plate wasnt fixed to the lower, wich I thougt it never had...
So I fixed it with glue and now it takes off like it should. But now it
takes off to left...dont know what to do... I have adjusted evereything I can
think of and I have searched for other broken parts but there is no.
What to do!!!???

// HEDIN
Old 12-09-2004, 02:22 PM
pileit

Default RE: HoneyBee CP takes off to the left

good work on figuring out the swash plate prob .there has been about a dozen write ups- looks like a common prob. when a wall ran into my hb it also broke the anti-rotation pin - letting the head to twist.good place to start.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:36 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

when you run up the mains do they look like they are perpendicular (90*) to the body, or parallel with the ground?

Can't you put some right trim in to counter this? Much harder to visualize without seeing first hand.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:29 PM
tanasit

It is normal for clockwise rotor head to drift to the left when takes off. If you adjust the trim all the way to the right and it still takes off to the left then set all the trims (except throttle) to center and look behind the swash plate at eye level and see if the rear 2 servo arms are symmetric and the swash plate is level. You should remove the main motor connector for safety! Then remove the ball link(s) and adjust so that when the 2 rear servos arms are level, the swash plate should be level too. Also check if the flybar paddles line up with each other.
After the rotor starts to spin you may want to move the throttle trim up, so it will hover at lower throttle stick position. You can also lengthen (adjust the top ball link by turning counter clockwise) the linkages to the blade holder for more pitch but don't overdo that because you may lower the head speed too much and lose the control authority.
Good luck.