Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Today's Ultra Lite Stick 120 project...

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Today's Ultra Lite Stick 120 project...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 06:58 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Today's Ultra Lite Stick 120 project...

Well, I was having trouble seeing my Ultra Lite Stick 120 with it's clear covering and non-descript top and bottom wing coloring. So I cut off the clear part on the top of the wing and replaced it with chrome colored film covering. First flight and most of the chrome covering shredded!! I saw the silver shards flying, and my first thought was "I know what that was." My second thought was, "Now I've had it, it's going to crash." Much to my surprise, it kept flying, and flying well!! I figured I might lose it when I slowed it down to land, so I continued the flight and had a good time. On landing, it acted just like normal. Unbelievable. I'm sorry I didn't take a pic of the wing to show, but I sure am surprised that it flew well with about 1/3 of the top wing covering missing!

Anyway, today I got after it and recovered the damaged part. In cutting off the clear, I also had to cut off most of the Ultra Lite Stick 120 lettering. So, while I was at it, I made up a new name. What do you guys think???

It sure flies great with this hopped up Homelite 30cc now. It will hover even with a 16 x 8 prop. I've ordered an 18 x 6 to try that ought to work even better, if I'm not unhappy with the speed loss.

Take care,
AV8TOR
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13605.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	200115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85110.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	200116  
Old 12-06-2004, 08:30 PM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Today's Ultra Lite Stick 120 project...

I like the color combinations and lettering on the wing just fine.
The only problem I see is a couple servos are missing from the wing.[X(][X(]
Ron
Old 12-06-2004, 08:42 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a long story... I fly Mode 4. Aileron and throttle on the left, rudder and elevator on the right. So I had to slave channel six to the rudder channel, and hook that up to the ailerons to get my style setup. That meant with a six channel radio, I could no longer use the quad flap setup! Oh well, one of these days I'll buy a 7 or more channel radio. Besides, I understand all the 7 channel and up Futaba radios have the ability to switch modes; not just to one or two, but to mode three or four as well.

AV8TOR
Old 12-07-2004, 10:03 AM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

I use a Super 8, makes things pretty easy. I have been watching the for sale forums and every now and than a Super 8 transmitter will show up, some are pretty reasonably priced. I might try t o get another one some day for a back-up.
Good luck with the 30 stick
Ron
Old 12-10-2004, 11:23 PM
bnt83

What does your ultra stick weigh? and whats the wing span?