Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Advantages of a biplane (Double Vision etc) over monoplanes in Pattern

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Advantages of a biplane (Double Vision etc) over monoplanes in Pattern

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Rhilluk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advantages of a biplane (Double Vision etc) over monoplanes in Pattern

Hi Chip

I love the look of you F3a Double Vision you flew in the WC in Poland, was it a composite fuse or wooden built up.
I was just wondering if you felt you found anything easier with the bipe during the competition or if you found it let you down in certain areas.

It's definately a nice change to see something that looks like a full size aeroplane in Pattern.

Cheers
Old 12-28-2004, 07:45 PM
robert

Default RE: Advantages of a biplane (Double Vision etc) over monoplanes in Pattern

Foofy,
Here's some info on the DV kit. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Chip...2238931/tm.htm
Hope this helps.
Robert.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Rhilluk

Default RE: Advantages of a biplane (Double Vision etc) over monoplanes in Pattern

Hi Robert
Thanks for that link to the thread, unfortunately the links don't work for me [&o].

Cheers
Old 12-29-2004, 03:58 PM
robert

If I remember they were only pictures of the kit, I have to admitt it looked very nice for $600.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:43 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Poland, it just proved to me how good of a plane it really was because the way it performed in the record breaking winds we had daily during that event. I was able to win a couple rounds as well as go into the finals tied for first with CPLR. At 1600+ square inches, it handled the winds much better then I expected, but in 30mph winds, it needed to be about 1500 I think to be at its best. I know it has a ton of advantages over a mono plane, and I will continue to fly bipes in the future. I have a new one almost ready and it is called Scandalous. I will post pics upon completion.

Chip
ORIGINAL: foofydoo

Hi Chip

I love the look of you F3a Double Vision you flew in the WC in Poland, was it a composite fuse or wooden built up.
I was just wondering if you felt you found anything easier with the bipe during the competition or if you found it let you down in certain areas.

It's definately a nice change to see something that looks like a full size aeroplane in Pattern.

Cheers