Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Zoom tail warning

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Zoom tail warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 01:15 AM
rotarguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zoom tail warning

Wanted to pass on the cause of a crash for my Zoom. Had just upgraded to the new bevel gears and enjoying some great forward flights. Was ever so happy to finally get the Zoom to fly because I was not able to do anything more than hover for 3 seconds without some kind of tail failure. I had a good 10 to 12 minute flight and was getting a good feel for the machine. I took it home to set pitch curves for some loops and rolls and decided to go out next day. I just took off and started my climb out when the tail let go and ended in a big mess. Investigation found the bearing in the tail had failed. The bearing split apart and the tail blade holder flew off the tail. End result BIG MESS. Moral of story Check the tail bearings. I think the bearings may be not a high quality bearing. Your choice.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:26 AM
EPHeliFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zoom tail warning

That's good to know. I have a Zoom on the way and hoped that the tail problems had been solved by the beveled gears. After reading this I think that I'm going to go ahead and order the belt drive conversion and a upgraded tail housing.

http://www.rchover.com/shogun_heliup

Piccolo FP upgraded
LMH 116 Glow