Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:40 AM
cougar347

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback

Hi Chip,

Just wanted to give you some feedback on a recent purchase. My wife ordered one of your Cap-X's for me for Christmas. It arrived via DHL. On the day it was delivered, it was pouring here in PA. It had been raining for a couple of days. Now I know from experience that whenever FedEx or UPS delivers a package on a rainy day, they take the time to wrap it in plastic to protect it-at least the guys who deliver in our neighborhood do. My wife and I arrived home to find your box sitting on our front porch, in the pouring rain, soaking wet. No plastic wrapping, nothing to protect it. We took it inside and quickly opened it , fearing the worst. Fortunately, everything was just fine. Your inner box had just a slight amount of dampness-the outer box had absorbed most of the rain damage. However, I don't know what would have happened if it had sat outside much longer.

The plane is beautiful, I'm just getting ready to put it together now, and the only reason for this note is to give you a heads up. You might want to contact DHL and find out their policy for deliveries on bad weather days. Hopefully this will prevent problems for you down the line.

Vince
Old 01-08-2005, 02:15 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Feedback

I appriciate the heads up and will ask DHL what its policy is for future shipments. As well as being double boxed they are also sealed in plastic, so hopefully they will stay dry no matter how long they are left in the elements. Once again thanks for the feedback.

Chip
ORIGINAL: cougar347

Hi Chip,

Just wanted to give you some feedback on a recent purchase. My wife ordered one of your Cap-X's for me for Christmas. It arrived via DHL. On the day it was delivered, it was pouring here in PA. It had been raining for a couple of days. Now I know from experience that whenever FedEx or UPS delivers a package on a rainy day, they take the time to wrap it in plastic to protect it-at least the guys who deliver in our neighborhood do. My wife and I arrived home to find your box sitting on our front porch, in the pouring rain, soaking wet. No plastic wrapping, nothing to protect it. We took it inside and quickly opened it , fearing the worst. Fortunately, everything was just fine. Your inner box had just a slight amount of dampness-the outer box had absorbed most of the rain damage. However, I don't know what would have happened if it had sat outside much longer.

The plane is beautiful, I'm just getting ready to put it together now, and the only reason for this note is to give you a heads up. You might want to contact DHL and find out their policy for deliveries on bad weather days. Hopefully this will prevent problems for you down the line.

Vince