Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

8103 and a shogun?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

8103 and a shogun?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:26 PM
sensei87
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 and a shogun?

I have a JR 8103 radio, I want to use it with me shogun I just bought. Does anyone have any suggestions where to start on set-up. I fly a Ergo 46 and this little thing is a little different...
Old 01-08-2005, 03:00 AM
jeaton01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8103 and a shogun?

I am using a JR 622 (computer type XMTR) and set it up exactly as the instuctions recommend and it seems about right, but I'm only talking from the standpoint of a raw beginner on the Shogun and a victim of a lot of frustration with a couple of dragonflies. I assembled it and then I took it to the LHS where I bought it to check my set up and do the first test flying. All they did was adjust the Gyro gain to minimum and do some very minor trim changes on the transmitter. The heli guru there flew it and said it was well set up. I know from full scale helicopter experience and the little success that I have had between smashing rotor blades on coffee tables that for hovering practice and initial learning the book settings are fine. But then you're probably one of those guys who can hover a heli a foot off the ground inverted and I'm just wasting your time!