Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Other HOT motor for T-Rex

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Other HOT motor for T-Rex

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 08:49 PM
tanasit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other HOT motor for T-Rex

I have tried it and it is definitely stronger than the Align 400L and I like the built-in heat sink which is the part of the case, thgus the claim 200 degree max temperature. It is smaller and lighter than the Align. At first I had doubt because it is smaller than I thought and the shaft can be turned easily by hand while the Align is very hard to turn. I checked the amp. draw and they both hover at around 10 amp. full throttle: Align 18 amp, the RED is 20 amp. Fund also sent me the 9 tooth pinion for this 2.3 mm shaft which is very hard to press on so you might want to get the sleeve insert adapter from RC hover so that you can use any Align pinions. You will also need the 2.5mm screw to bolt on the motor. With 2170 Amp Apogee pack, this motor has plenty of power to climb like a 30 size gas one and will have plenty forward speed to cover the whole football field in no time.

Even with the built-in heat sink, I still add another one on the bottom.

http://www.flying-hobby.com/productShow.asp?id=456
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96147.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	212913