Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Flying New Plane Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 08:26 PM
jehold66203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flying New Plane Today

Met John Bender at the field this afternoon to do a little flying. I didn't take anything as i am busy trying to put finish on two airplanes. He had his new Brodak Super Clown. Has functional flaps with elevator and sewn hinges. Covered with Oracover and dope on fuselage. The plane looked great right off to bat. Second flight he tweaked the flaps to lift the out board wing on level flight. He proceeded to put in a complete pattern. He then let me fly it. I put it thru the old time pattern. Can't wait until we have better weather to really see what it will do. Of course I don't see any thing wrong with it now. That little LA 25 pulled the 29 ounces with authority. By the way, temps were in mid 20's. DOC
Old 01-11-2005, 08:59 PM
fox4evr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flying New Plane Today

Hey Doc, I use a Magnum 25, that De Hill loaned me bout a year ago, on my Tomahawk and am amazed at the power these little engines have. I have rebuilt the Tommy a few times and it has gotten quite fat. I am now thinking the Rossi 60 may have to be subbed in. NOT>>>lol
Lee TGD
Old 01-11-2005, 11:44 PM
tperry2054
My Feedback: (15)

I recently bought an LA.25 and was wondering if someone could point me toward an engine report on it.

Thanks,

Tom Perry
Old 01-16-2005, 02:17 AM
cessna098

Try these postings. Just remember that everyone has an opinion (i.e. as grandpa said "you'll need to seperate the wheat from the chaff" ).

http://www.clstunt.com/htdocs/dcforu...ID1/11615.html
http://www.clstunt.com/cgi-bin/dcfor...rum=DCForumID1

DennisV
Old 01-21-2005, 08:15 PM
jehold66203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an LA 25 on Flite Streak ARF that is till being broken in. But, what I have seen and heard they are terrific engines for their size. Mine starts very easily now that I remember not to flood it. Also very steady runs on bench with 9 X 5 Top Flite prop. Well worth the money. DOC