Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How do you do it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Black_Ghost_FN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you do it?

ORIGINAL: Nitro_Evader_Basher

We’ll no offence, but I think you’re all spoiled. I’m 15; neither of my parents have ever given me any money without me having to do something in return. I had to take a loan from my mom to my for my car, and I was only able to pay her back after Christmas and my b-day, which are close together luckily. I get paid 10 bucks Canadian (about 8 bucks american) a week to do chores, and they aren't easy, here’s my chore schedule thing that my mom made: Monday - bring garbage and recycle pails in from the curb & do laundry, Tuesday - empty all garbage pails and do kitty litter, Wednesday - Tidy room, Thursday - Vacuum basement and stairs, Friday clean main-floor bathroom. I only get 100 bucks for Christmas (well hundred bucks from my mom and 100 from my dad (their split up)) and 100 bucks for my birthday. The only way I will ever be able to afford this hobby is if I get a job this summer.
Im 15, I only get like a $10(CDN) allowance and i do more chores than that, i dont get that kind of $ for my B Day or christmas, my only job i ver had was a paper route(dont pay good at all) Within the last year or so ive bought a 250$ bike, 100 Skates, 100$ roller Blades, 200$ paintball gun,computer games, RAM for my computer. But i dont know how but i have about 275$ right now and i dont even have a job. im planning on buyinga Xcellerator RTR(500 with tax(CDN)) I just really want to get a job so i can buy it and have money to operate it. And my parents dont hav any money to spare cuz ive got 5 kids in my family. Ya some of u guys no offence are spoiled but i dont got a problem with that, i just say enjoy yourself, ur lucky.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:28 PM
dannny745
My Feedback: (-1)

the best way is try to get a job at local hobby shop w/track you get better prices and you can work off your rc stuff..
Old 01-29-2005, 12:27 AM
garynjr

Ice flyer, There is no way it's going to cost you that much for insurance!

To all you other guys out there... I'm one of those slightly older guys (28) just enjoying my missed childhood! I'm married with no kids yet but not too far from it... Enjoy your life while you can. Once you get out your daily living costs will go through the roof and you will miss those days when lunch was 2.50 aat school and you could save that extra $1 a day to get something later because you don't spend $150 a week on Groceries, $2,000 a month on your mortgage, $10 a day on lunch, $50 a month on Meds, $300 a month on School loans and $20K a year in Taxes! Just count you blessings that you don't have day to day expensis.

When I was your age, i had a car that I paid $1k for and paid my insurance, fun money and gass. Not to mention I never got an allowance, chores were what i did to pitch in. I worked 30+ hrs a week the max allowed by law for a legit job from the time I could get my working permit and did yardwork, and even baby sat the neighbor's kids to earn money. And in the summer worked $60 hrs week at 2 jobs! In addition to that i always seemed to have some High maintanence Girlfriend at the time... So basically, i didn't have that much of a budget left for hobbies... Not that I had the time for it. It kills me that there are kids in my neighborhood and here on line that have just as much RC crap as I do now. All i can say is good for you and enjoy it while you can! It never gets any easier then you have it now!!!