Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

one way bearing

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 05:40 PM
samtron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one way bearing

well i just went through two one way bearing in one day does any body have any ideals on why or how to fix this,or is it just bad luck
Old 01-27-2005, 06:10 PM
samtron

Default RE: one way bearing

nobody knows huh[:'(]
Old 01-27-2005, 06:33 PM
neil.jb

its not bad luck, you are obviously flooding your truck and breaking the one way
Old 01-27-2005, 11:38 PM
samtron

dont see how i flood it i just soaked it in some brake part cleaner and its not slipping anymore but the bad thing about it is i have to take the backplate off my motor to get to the one way it is inside the motor where it can easly get oil all over it and that sucks
Old 01-28-2005, 01:30 AM
rscharp

Guessing you arent running the s25 if you have to take the backplate off to get to the oneway. If you are using the rotostart, you are holding it too long. NEVER hold the rotostart for more than a second when you are trying to start your truck. If you are then you are putting extreme stress on the oneway and causing them to snap so you dont snap your conrod. The oneway is like a failsafe, it is a less expensive part of the engine to replace in the event of user error or damage. Sounds wrong, but think of it this way, would you rather split that oneway and pay 20 bucks for a new one or snap your conrod and practically have to replace the engine?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:37 AM
samtron

ah, i get what you mean and i usally hold it on for 5 seconds[X(] didn't know i was suppose to only hold it only for 1 second thanks for the info..no i am running the mach .26 engine in right now more power and speeds
Old 01-28-2005, 03:48 AM
neb

On the new HPI rotostart it tells you to hold it for 5 seconds then let off.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:35 AM
neil.jb

if you are running an engine like the mach which has its one way bearing contained inside the crank case then your fuel is causing it to slip, i would suggest switching over to a high quality race fuel like odonnel or byrons, this will solve your problems
Old 01-28-2005, 11:34 AM
samtron

alright thanks
Old 01-28-2005, 01:15 PM
rscharp

ORIGINAL: neb

that is because they are assuming you arent using a high compression race engine, such as the mach .26. when he said he had to take the backplate off, I knew he wasnt using an HPI engine. HPI writes the manual for that assuming you are using their engines.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:19 PM
samtron

i just started my truck using the 1 second button hold and it is not slipping anymore that i can tell maybe i will learn one day
Old 01-28-2005, 04:45 PM
samtron

well i did that fuel line pinch to see if my low speed needle is set right and it was so the when i was doing that my motor shut off in 3 second and when it shut off i cant get it to start again,i got a good glow plug my battery is charged good fuel,,do you know why it isant starting thanks.sorry for agervating you guys but your my only hope[]
Old 01-29-2005, 02:04 AM
samtron

well found out why it wont start the one way bearing was stuck on the shaft it would not turn at all i had to take pliyers to get it off and all the litle pins fell out
Old 01-29-2005, 11:20 PM
samtron

well i took my truck to my lhs and he tuned it for me and he said when it idles it is loading up with fuel and dieing i let it idle for more than 4 seconds and it dies please help thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 04:17 AM
neb

ORIGINAL: Nex2stupid

ORIGINAL: neb

that is because they are assuming you arent using a high compression race engine, such as the mach .26. when he said he had to take the backplate off, I knew he wasnt using an HPI engine. HPI writes the manual for that assuming you are using their engines.
Sorry dont listen to me, i didnt relise you were using a different engine, ill have to read the post a bit more carefully next time