Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CG for Miss America, Hanger 9

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CG for Miss America, Hanger 9

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 04:38 PM
bluestratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG for Miss America, Hanger 9

I have the Miss America ARF form Hanger 9 (the newer verison with the stronger landing gear) It says the CG is 4 3/4" behind the leading edge but it does not show where on the leading edge to measure at. The wing has a double taper, a steeper one at the root then change to a lesser degree to the tip. Anyone know where I should be measuring from in reference to the fuselage?

Best regards,
Randy
Old 01-30-2005, 06:47 PM
LarryQ
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: CG for Miss America, Hanger 9

I was in search of this exact same answer.

I was told to measure from where the Fuse meets the wing.

You should note that this point moves the CG foward from where it would have been if you measured over the remaining "Wing".

Now...let it be known, I still have yet to maiden my girl....

Weather hasn't been the best for doing much except troll the forum.

I hope this info helps...and post how she flies after you Maiden.

Larry
Old 01-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Harry Lagman

Randy, I second what Larry says - mine is balanced 4 3/4 back from the edge that meets the fuse and she flies great!
Old 01-30-2005, 08:56 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Same here
Old 01-30-2005, 09:21 PM
bluestratos

Thanks guys, it made sense but then why take a chance, lol... Not a bad arf over all. I found the special ca hinges they use on the tail group to be way too stiff. but I have a 1650 MAH battery pack so it should be ok. I did notice that they are stiff enough to acutally cause the two halves of the elevator to slighty skew when they are at full deflection. Guess I will see when I fly it.

Back to CG, I mounted the battery pack under the fuel tank (just in front of the frame that supports the back half of the tank) and added 1.5 oz onto the motor mount to get a slight nose down attitude when balanced (using the Saito 100).

Both of the my landing gear wheels were toed out so I had to rebend the axils. Only trick was to make sure to slip some tight fitting tubing over the actuator wire so I could fish it back again. When I first got the plane (present from my wife) I took them out to see how strong the mounting barers were and had a heck of a time feeding the wire back again, lol. In retrospect, I should have just swapped the left for the right to get them to toe in. Duhhhh!!

The cowl paint was badly marked by the tissue paper it was wrapped in (paint must have been too wet when they packaged it).The paper was struck pretty bad, but I washed it with soap and water to get the rest of it off. I tried cut polishing with no luck so I sprayed luster coat over it and solved the problem. I noticed that alcohal actually sofened the origional paint so the luster coat fuel proofs it too.

Thanks again
Randy