Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

venus .40 wing joiner

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

venus .40 wing joiner

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 06:34 PM
midget racer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default venus .40 wing joiner

has anyone who has built this plane had an extremely sloppy fitting wing joiner also ?I assume that as long as i epoxy the crap out of the hole then it should be ok right ?also, i plan on using a new .46 fx and am wondering since it is mounted upside down can i run a tuned pipe out and not hit the wing ?If not, does the .46 fx perform well with the stock or an ultra thrust muffler and a 10 x7 apc prop ?any mods you guys made not in the manual and how about factory cg settings ?
Old 09-08-2002, 12:54 AM
bentgear

If its real sloppy cut some ply and glue to the side to take up the extra space. Can't help on the tuned pipe but a 46FX and standard pipe is enough to do knife edge loops and very large regular loops. Will not have unlimited verticle but will get you up high enough for almost any thing you want to do.
CG is close as shown in manual. Kniife edge is wonderful.
There are a couple threads from a couple months back on this plane. Might want to do a search on venus for some more info.
Ed M.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:58 AM
caf2461
My Feedback: (6)

One of these exploded at our field during a high speed snap. The wing snapped off at the joiner. The epoxy did not bite in the joiner tunnel (it was still glass smooth).
Old 09-09-2002, 12:41 AM
Fishstyx
My Feedback: (15)

I have one and also noticed the joiner was loose. I had plenty of epoxy in the holes and on the joiner itself so I'm not concerned about its integrity. The slop does make it that much more important to secure the wing halves together properly while the epoxy cures. In addition to the joiner, get plenty of epoxy on the root spars. I ended up wraping the root in masking tape to keep the epoxy from dripping out.

Worked for me, I love this plane. I have a Saito 72 in it with a 13x8 Zinger. Mine needed a lot of right thrust for straight vertical climbs and took some effort to get the CG back far enough to snap.

Jason
Old 09-17-2002, 12:36 PM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

I used 1/64th ply to make up for the space on the joiner. I also use thickener in the epoxy to make sure it doesn't run out and leave pockets. I drill small holes to any large flat mating surface to ehlp give the epoxy something to hold onto.

Mark M.