Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

world models extra 300S 80'

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

world models extra 300S 80'

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 09:25 AM
TD1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default world models extra 300S 80'

Hi.
I am thinking in buying the new WM Extra 300 1/4 and would like to know if any one that has the plane can tell me if it is a good plane for 3D, percision aerobatics and the general quality of the model.
and what would be a good engine for unlimited vertical. i have a 3w 42 can it do the job?
Thanks
Old 09-10-2002, 12:25 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seen the WM extra yesterday for the first time assembled at my LHS.. The plane looks good and seems to be built pretty nice also but from picking it up I still think the Sig Extra is the one to get if you want it light as possible. Mine is 12lbs ready to fly with a 1.60fx and that is with ballast weight up front to make the cg at 29%. It should balance out good with your 3W 42. Look into it, it is a very nice airplane..

By the way I also seen the super sports senior for the first time, it looks good too..
Old 09-11-2002, 12:15 AM
snotlocker
My Feedback: (14)

The 80 incher is not 1/4 scale ...

WM dose make a 69 inch 1/4 scale extra ,, thats a great bird !!!
Old 09-12-2002, 11:58 PM
dansuf
My Feedback: (3)

Default Good flying bird

I started flying mine extra almost a month ago, with ZDZ40 gas engine. I am very pleased with the construction of the plane and this combination is awesome. I am on my 2nd gal and I still had to change my prop from ultra to standard menz after 5th gal which I am sure will improve its characteristic. This bird has an unlimited vertical even with this arrangement.
Good flying bird indeed!!!
Jamal