Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Anyone try the SH .28 in a savage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 03:30 PM
mustangflyboy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try the SH .28 in a savage?

SH .28 anygood for savage? I'm trying to decide which motor to upgrade from the wore out hpi .25 (after a little more than six gallons of nitro). I thought maybe the mach .26 but then I think I want to step up into the .28 class. The SH .28 horsepower #'s are impressive(3.6 HP@28,000), but is only capable of much lower rpm's compared to hpi's new .28(2.9 HP@35,000). I can't find much info on the SH and not many people sell them. Are they not very good? I wonder if it would be hard to tune with all that power crammed into that case. I am tired of the sluggish low end of my .25 and want some brute power with top end to leave behind all my buddies revo's. watcha guys think?
Old 02-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Richie-EB4

Default RE: Anyone try the SH .28 in a savage?

Have a search through this forum and you will find your answers.............
Old 02-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Dave33
My Feedback: (2)

Looks like you're new here. Yes many people have the SH.28. It is a very good motor with tons of power and is easy to tune. Check this forum, there are lots of posts about it. The best price on the motor can be found here.
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=5132
Old 02-13-2005, 10:22 AM
stevblutu15

that is the best price on the motor, but if you get it from hobbypeople.com you also get a warranty, do a search, and youll find a thread lik SH users beware or something like that.