Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

SAVAGE A RACER?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 12:18 PM
dolsen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAVAGE A RACER?

Ia a stock Savage a OK racing truck? Or is it just a bashing truck. I have a T-Maxx and am going to be buying a new truck in a couple of weeks. The closest clubs with tracks are over a hour away from me so me and my brother are thinking about putting up some cash and building a track and getting a local club going. There are other people around with trucks but don't want to travel that far so I think we can get people interested. So what I am looking for is something thats tough for bashing but still can be competitive. If anyone has any experience with starting a club/track building I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:40 PM
nitro monkey

Default RE: SAVAGE A RACER?

the stock savage would be a good racer and basher but if u got some hop-ups it would rip and look tight

-Ryan
Old 02-13-2005, 01:21 PM
bashking

Default RE: SAVAGE A RACER?

I agree. You could probably race a savage straight out of the box but i would seriously consider uprating several parts if you were racing against anyone other than amatures expecially the steering servo the diffs and they shock springs/shocks. If you wanna know how to make the engines seriously fast see FROST's tips on this forum i have ust set mine up using his method and it has made a big difference