Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

How is the stock Savage 25 engine??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 09:12 PM
johnboy_92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is the stock Savage 25 engine??

Someone told me that it won't stay tuned and is not as powerful as it needs to be. They told me i would need to a XTM 24/7 engine or a more powerful one. I'll race 3-4 times a month and bash the rest of the time. I will be on a really tight budget if i do get a Savage, and i'll probably get a brand new Savage 25, so i won't have much money. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Roadhog2K4

Default RE: How is the stock Savage 25 engine??

its a pretty good engine and hold a tune good.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:09 AM
rscharp

If you are remotely good at tuning, you can get this thing running like a beast. The .25 will pull wheelies and has a great topend. The problem runs in when you are running the LSN too lean. I, personally, tuned mine to perfection with little effort, but the guys at my bash spot are always complaining about the engine tune. (needless to say, I end up tuning his as well when I am there).

If you want to improve the performance of this engine further, you can always port it, and it will have performance close to that of a .26 engine, without spending any more money
Old 02-14-2005, 12:31 AM
EG1

I can't imagine an engine being any easier to tune. Break-in and tuning was very simple, the only thing to remember is that after 10-12 tanks and a bit of tuning the engine will run hotter(270F+) than most other engines.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:49 AM
cardriverx

it holds a tune very good, and the power is OK but could be better. you can get wheelies, but you have to have it tuned really good to beable to.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:07 PM
ed260z

If your new to Nitro MT's, this is a perfect engine to learn on. It's easy to tune, and has enough power to get you going with some authority. But when you've learned all you can dump it and get a nice High Perf. Motor
Old 02-14-2005, 12:47 PM
neil.jb

its not bad for a RTR engine but it also has its faults, its not very powerfull compared to most .25+ engines, an XTM 24.7 would wipe the floor with it