Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

radio chaos

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 10:48 PM
kh15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio chaos

im buying new radio or trying to at that, thier so many thing to consider, im looking at the futaba 3pm i was looking at the airtronics mx3 but i did not have a ans feature so i dident want it
but i really i'm liking what the futaba has to offer but the problem is should i pay the extra to get a sythized version? i plan to race this summer but so it would be conviente but like a said the price factor is alot diffrent for a sinthized vs. non
so do you think i should pay the extra?
and how do i tell what channel im on with my stock rtr tc3 radio, my crystal in the radio says..27.095 sunny?
Old 01-31-2005, 07:55 PM
SNestle
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: radio chaos

Synthesized is worth the extra money. BUt, if you can wait a little while there is a new system coming out that will give complete freedom from frequency clips and waiting around for a free channel. It's called Spektrum. This system will be available for Airtronics, JR, KO, and Futaba radios that use "TX modules".

[link]https://www.spektrumrc.com[/link]
Old 02-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Texdav

Your on the 27MHZ band and your frequency ic 27.095. In the price range your talking about forget the Spektrum system;it only works with systems that have removeable modules and they are the highend(expensive) rsdios of each brand. If you can try out both the Airtronic anfd futuba in your hand at a shop;you might find that one feels better to you. The TX fitting your hand comfortably is very important. Both are good brands. I personally think that syntheziesd works well with electric but they don't seem to hold-up to nitro vibrations from what I have seen;which is why if you look at a big race you rarely see anyone using them. From the radio guys they say this is becuase the receivers use to connected circuit boards that are easy damged at the connection. Crystals ahve worked great for years but you need three sets to really race and have no conflicts.good luck
Old 02-19-2005, 03:35 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

The Futaba 3PM-TFS comese with a synth TX but a standard RX so you wouldn't have those durability issues. It's also $120 at Tower right now. Then you only have to buy crystals for your RX's to be able to switch channels. If you factor in the cost of one extra TX crystal that drops the price $12 or so and for every different frequency set you get you drop that much. So with 3 freq sets you save $24 or so by having the synth TX.