Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

i just bought my first truck and i need help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

i just bought my first truck and i need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:19 PM
gkershner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i just bought my first truck and i need help!

i just bought a hpi savage 25 and i need to know what else i need to get started (all i bought was the truck and nothing else) can someone help me out? and if you could give round-a-bout price's that would be great thanks again
Old 03-13-2005, 10:02 AM
johnnystobart

Default RE: i just bought my first truck and i need help!

How you doing, bit adventurous for a new entry into this fantastic hobby, I got a HPI Rush evo for my fisrt and I think I bit off more than I could chew with that. Anyway it gets more and more addictive the longer you stay with it. I now got three cars, two of which are knackered and need refurb, and a plane!

What have you got with your truck? I assume it has come with the engine cos I dont think they sell the savage without, and have you got any radio gear?

If you got an engine then the most expense is spared, If you got no radio gear, then you will need 2 servo's a receiver, and a transmitter, check out any good model shops, probably looking at about £100 - 150 for a good set. You will also need a glow plug starter and charger, (HPI sell These for about £15.00) and you will need some batteries for the truck to power the servos and receiver. And once you got all that fitted you need some nitro methane fuel, you can get varying grades of this, and the better the fuel the more expensive it is.

Good luck but if you cant be bothered I will gladly take the truck off your hands and give it a good home lol!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:33 PM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Default RE: i just bought my first truck and i need help!

I have a savage25 and it is a great basher.. Like Johnystobart said it is a lot of truck for a first timer, but that's not a problem, you will be tearing it up in no time If you want reverse you need a reverse module and a standard (futaba) servo. You have to tear apart the tranny to install it though.
Really the only thing you need to get started is a good 5cell hump receiver pack, a 7.2v(6cell) stick battery and charger for the roto start, a couple of good glow plugs (see your nitro star manual for the best application) A glow driver and some fuel (I use 20% nitro in mine). Take a hair dryer and heat your cylinder head up to expand the cylinder slightly and it will start easier. Mine "pinched" and locked up a few times until it got a couple of tanks through it. It can be discouraging at first to keep it running. After several tanks though your patience will pay off and it will run like a champ.. Past that there is a whole world of hop-ups, you can get the scoop in the savage forum under monster trucks. I hope this helps. Have a great day and good luck with you savage!
Jay