Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Joeman has done it again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 12:04 AM
joeman11
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joeman has done it again!

Well, after my starterbox gave me a smoking motor, I decided to go a different rout and make a drill starting system for my os .18 cvr. I first bought the pullstart crankshaft of ebay for only 25 bucks! After that, I bought the backplate and startershaft for regular price, only $20.00. then I bought a one way bearing used on the Kyoso gx21, because the inside diamiter was 8 mm, it was shaped like it could fit in a socket, and it was only $9.99. My friend had an extra pullstart flywheel and pullstart engine mount. I attached everything and glued the one-way bearing in a socket and the socket was attached to a 3/8 extention, and chucked it up in an 18 volt rechargeable drill. That was the easiest part. I tried to get it started, it would idle for a few seconds, then it would die. I tried some other things and finally found out, the flywheel. That engine was tuned to a non-pullstart lightweight flywheel, and the one on there was a heavy, pullstart flywheel, so the tuning between them was different. So I switched them and It was all downhill from there!, It started right up and ran beautifully. I haven't ran it for like a month because of my starterbox! Now the starting should be a whole lot easier because of just hauling a drill instead of a starterbox and baterypacks, and starting it is direct, so it will not slip, and just to tell you, that drill has a clutch, so it will slip if hydo lock happens. heres some pics, please tell me what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49053.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	243499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15349.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	243500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57879.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	243501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98320.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	243502  
Old 03-14-2005, 09:29 PM
mittimj

Default RE: Joeman has done it again!

I did that same thing about 2 months ago. ha ha I thot of it first. Just kidding. I had troble with dirt getting on that bushing where the shaft comes out of the crank case. then it wore the bushing out.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:33 PM
joeman11
My Feedback: (6)

I was also thinking about that too, I'm going to try to make a cover that will be spring loaded so I can flip it out when I'm starting and will stay shut when I'm running it.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:24 PM
mittimj

that would be pretty hard to make. Would be a awesm set up tho. what about putting a baloon over that part with a hole in the cneter for the shaft to stick out of. it may melt off from the heat tho. or maby just some sylicone around the bushing.