Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Golden West Models??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Golden West Models??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 08:51 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golden West Models??

I have had a kit on order at golden west models for a l-o-n-g time. it was pre-paid and now its 4 months past quoted delivery. every time i call i get the same thing "its almost ready, it will go this week, waiting on 1 part" is anybody else having problems, or can offer some insight?
Old 03-15-2005, 09:13 AM
tschuy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: troubles at Golden West Models??

ORIGINAL: kirkj

I have had a kit on order at golden west models for a l-o-n-g time. it was pre-paid and now its 4 months past quoted delivery. every time i call i get the same thing "its almost ready, it will go this week, waiting on 1 part" is anybody else having problems, or can offer some insight?
Anybody who has to wait for four months with little or no communication initiated by the supplier of a kit or comes up with weak excuses as to why the kit hasn't shipped yet I won't do business with. To me two and maybe three months with good communication is fine. But four, no, I'd get my money back. There's no excuse for four months delay. Period...

Cheers,
Old 03-15-2005, 09:44 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tschuy

Anybody who has to wait for four months with little or no communication initiated by the supplier of a kit or comes up with weak excuses as to why the kit hasn't shipped yet I won't do business with. To me two and maybe three months with good communication is fine. But four, no, I'd get my money back. There's no excuse for four months delay. Period...

Cheers,
Then you won't have a GWM Mig 17, or Stealth, Tweety Bird, or any of their other rare models. Guess you will have to wait till Great Planes makes one, and everybody has one already.
I have never heard anybody say one bad thing about Tad at GWM, if he is waiting on one part, I would say he's probably just waiting on one part.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:13 AM
tschuy

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Then you won't have a GWM Mig 17, or Stealth, Tweety Bird, or any of their other rare models. Guess you will have to wait till Great Planes makes one, and everybody has one already.
I have never heard anybody say one bad thing about Tad at GWM, if he is waiting on one part, I would say he's probably just waiting on one part.
Won't even go there Easytiger... I've seen your flames before and it's not worth it to me to feed them for you. But the bottom line is that when a kit supplier supplies a delivery date and doesn't live up to it (4 months late) and fails to communicate with his customers it's bad for business.
If communication had been supplied to kirkj "from" GWM without the customer having to chase them down, then I'll be the first to retract my remarks. Why hold the whole kit for just "one" part? Get the bird shipped so that the customer knows that the person he ordered it from knows that he is doing everything possible.

Cheers,
Old 03-15-2005, 10:51 AM
kirkj

I WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM THE ABOVE. i have never been contacted by Tad. it is always me who calls, and then the storys start. i agree that these are one of a kind kit subjects, and i am excited to get it (i hope, or a refund) but i sent the company over $2K for a kit that i know nothing about as far as quality, completeness etc. and it aint lookin good so far.....
Old 03-15-2005, 11:08 AM
tschuy

I WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM THE ABOVE. i have never been contacted by Tad. it is always me who calls, and then the stories start. i agree that these are one of a kind kit subjects, and i am excited to get it (i hope, or a refund) but i sent the company over $2K for a kit that i know nothing about as far as quality, completeness etc. and it ain't looking good so far.....
Then I have nothing to retract. Tad, your up buddy...What's going on and is there something that someone can help you out with?

Bottom line is that this hobby means a lot to everyone. To some, more than anyone will ever understand. The R/C kit business is also one one the most difficult businesses to keep going. Margins are extremely tight and often money is lost trying to keep a shop going. So be up front and let folks know and we'll all help each other.

Cheers,
Old 03-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

a kit supplier supplies a delivery date and doesn't live up to it
...ahhhh, but did they set a delivery date?
Old 03-15-2005, 11:15 AM
lear35
My Feedback: (8)

In this hobby, a company's reputation is everything. Good reputations are earned and earned daily through excellent service to it's customers. Your transaction has been handled very poorly and is very poor form for Golden West. There is no excuse for this, period!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:19 AM
kirkj

yes, they gave a date of 12-31-04, when i sent them the $$
Old 03-15-2005, 11:33 AM
tschuy

Maybe there are some underlying problems then....

Tad it's up to you buddy....

Cheers,
Old 03-15-2005, 02:33 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim,

Tad is a stand up guy and I would prepay without a problem. I agree that 4 months is a long time, but I am sure there is a valid reason. Like so many other r/c businesses I think Tad is running a one man show, so it does not take much to upset a delivery schedule.

my $0.02
Old 03-15-2005, 03:00 PM
tschuy

Hi John,

I'm sure Tad is a great guy and does his best to live to those obligations that he makes. But not communicating with his customers unless chased down, sends the wrong message to everyone. I'm sure that had he took it upon himself to contact those customers waiting for a kit via a phone call, e-mail or written letter, I'm sure that this thread wouldn't have even been posted. Non-action speaks negatively to a whole bunch of people, which in the long term will affect sales of his product and certainly damage his reputation. I know that running a one man show is difficult. I've dealt with purchasing products from one man shows and waiting for a first class product much longer then most folks would put up with. But when things were delayed due to circumstances beyond their control, or production problems, he was up front and took the self initiative to let folks know and communicated with them.

My 2 cents worth...

Old 03-15-2005, 08:05 PM
J. Campbell
My Feedback: (31)

This has often been a problem in the jet world, I think it is that there is not a HUGE demand and kits are often built as ordered. But they at least should live up to their promises or call customers when they cant. Heck it has happend to me more than once, I had to cancel a set of Retracts from a retract company after 6 months of no show. I also ordered a Bob Park, Cheetah a LONG time ago when i first got interested in jets, NEVER recieved it, NEVER not a peice of plastic, wood or even a box!! Russ
Old 03-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Jetkopter

I have to second what John said. Tad will deliver. This is not the first time hes been late and Im sure it wont be the last. He is a one man band.
ORIGINAL: John Christensen

Tim,

Tad is a stand up guy and I would prepay without a problem. I agree that 4 months is a long time, but I am sure there is a valid reason. Like so many other r/c businesses I think Tad is running a one man show, so it does not take much to upset a delivery schedule.

my $0.02
Old 03-15-2005, 10:38 PM
foster4u
My Feedback: (112)

I don't understand why this thread is allowed to stand after I was threatened with being banned when I posted a complaint about a company that I Paid $5300 for a plane that was built and only required shipping on 11-08-04 and I am still waiting. I was warned about bashing and ruining someones "good name" by the ADMIN. but I see this companys name all over this thread and it still stands.
I agree that if a company takes your money then they should make every effort to keep you updated on the status of your purchased product otherwise don't take the money until it is boxed and ready to ship.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

Gentlemen

I encourage all of you to let your opinions be known but when you criticize someone and the information is unsupported then it can not remain.

Golden West Models has a fine reputation as do many other companies in the Jet World. Why is it if someone doesn't answer an E mail right away or update a website you guys are ready to jump on the band wagon and complain about that company on RCU.

If you so unhappy with Golden West Models then E mail them and get your money back. I have waited far longer then 4 months to get Engines and Airframes from companies all over the world.