Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Strega Mustang

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Phoenix Strega Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
steinericj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Strega Mustang

Anyone have any experience building or flying one of these? I bought one about 2 months ago from Tower and am getting ready to build it.

Thanks!

Eric
Old 03-17-2005, 08:44 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Phoenix Strega Mustang

Can you shed a little more light on this ? A Strega from Tower ? Sorry if I don't sound like I'm with the program but..... Gimme some more info on this please. Curious. [X(] MM
Old 03-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Jackzon
My Feedback: (3)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGGM2&P=0

I've got one also, just waiting it's turn on the table. Looked it over several times already and the quality seems right along with Phoenix's Funstar which I wring out weekly. I'm no expert, but if the Strega holds up as well as the FStar I'll be happy. I think they make a hellava good arf. I got mine for 79.99 pls shipping and could'nt pass it up, (can't beat $20 off a $50 dollar order coupon)

The only thing I'm overly concerned with is the pre installed control surfaces and the pins falling out. My FS almost crunched due to this and I replaced all with CA hinges. I won't give the ones on the Strega a chance and will replace those as well. While I'm at it I'll probably seal the hinge lines as well.
With the thin airfoil of this plane and my 50SX, I'm looking for some serious fun and some good speed. Nothing in the range of my Diamond Dust, but I believe I'll get 100 mph easlily, probably more. I'll let ya know.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:30 PM
steinericj

Thanks for the heads up regarding the hinge failure! I will check mine when I assemble it. I also have the Phoenix Extra which has about six flights on it. The directions are not very good but the airplane looks and flys very well. I have a 46FX in mine with 12X6 APC and Slimline pitts muffler. I highly recommend it to someone looking for a 40 size Extra.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:33 PM
steinericj

Looks like you got an answer already. We have three Funstars at our club and the owners are all pleased with their construction and performance.