Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Landing Gear Collars??How to??

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Landing Gear Collars??How to??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 01:18 PM
bluemodels
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landing Gear Collars??How to??

Anyone got any ideas how to build landing gear collars, like the ones you see on the WM Extras, I think they look neat, and am trying to figure out how to build them...thanks wc
Old 09-22-2002, 02:34 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do not unbderstand the question, do you mean wheel pants?
Old 09-22-2002, 07:26 PM
DGrant

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I think he means what some might call "farings". They go on the gear, right where the gear meets the fusalage. WM website has the plane pictured both, with and without the farings.

bluemodels, what I can tell you, is I'd start with some balsa, with it being a dimension obviously bigger then what you want. Then start with the angles on the plane that you can't change. Somehow that block will need to split though, to get it around the legs. Or, you might even somehow cut a groove in the block, the thicknees of the gear, and slip it on the gear from the front.....any case though, it could take some ingenuity. I'm curious now too. You raise a good question...is there an easier way?? hmm....
Old 09-23-2002, 01:05 PM
bluemodels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default landing gear farings

Yes, farings is what I'm talking about..they really look cool on the WM Extras..thanks wc