Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

transall-c-160 twin

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 11:30 AM
BASHER
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default transall-c-160 twin

hi everyone, well i just aquired a twin in a trade, its a jamara kit, twin c-160 with a 72'' ws weighs about 8 1/2 pounds,fiber glass fuse, balsa sheeted foam wing with 2 os fx 46's on it!! pretty cool detail with 10 tires, did my first flight on mon. and after 5 min. into yhe flight the left engine goes poop!!!! no panic just cut back too 1/4 throtle and fed in some right rudder did 1 full circuit back to field and made landing!!! pretty fun, loved the look of 1 dead prop on final, even taxied back with 1 engine!! this plane is way over powered,flew mostly at half throt the whole time, i'd estimate 70mph at full!! so much for a lumbering giant!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2005, 07:09 PM
panda123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: transall-c-160 twin

i have just purchased a c-160 transall artf by flair .flew it saturday 19 2005.flew on two sc25 two strokes went away lovely flew great until the front nose wheels fell of in flight.managed to land okay.the engines are way over power flew on 1/4 throttle
Old 03-21-2005, 11:00 PM
rryman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: transall-c-160 twin

I can't imagine how they got .46's in that plane, and how much power it must have. Mine has OS .25 LA's and has what I consider to be just the right amount of power. I guess we're all talking about the same plane. I got mine from GSP. Sure like the way it flies. Glad to hear that an engine out situation isn't a problem.
Randy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92032.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	247314