Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 10:50 PM
garynjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pictures

Ok, Back to the Clod Vs. Shafty thing... For instance: A TXT if you get a wheel stuck. I mean stuck. you will not be able to brake it loose by over powering it because it's really stuck. You will do one of two things. Either flip the truck or brake an axle... Or maybe stahl both motors and none of the wheels will be moving because all of your diffs are locked and can not move independant of eachother.

Ok, Same situation with a clod, you still have 2 wheels even if your one set is stuck and stahls. Now technically, the extra power from the battery will transfer to the free wheels and then could possibly pull you out. If the wheel is stuck on the Shafty, your wheels aren't moving at all! No mater how much power you have. I can honestly say that My clod has never stahled unless it was really realy stuck. Like fell in a hole and wedged itself in there.

I have a TLT and although it only has one motor it is a shafty and if one wheel gets stuck you are screwed!

Bottom line, If you lock your diffs as recomended for crawling the clod is still better! If you Don't lock your diffs, the power isn't distributed as well in a shafty as it is on a clod.

As for Ground clearance vs. the TXT, I could setup my clod to have 10 inches of clearance if I wanted! A TXT will never be able to efectivly achieve the low COG that the clod can that is needed for crawling.

But all in all, that's my opinion anyway.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:27 AM
shortbusjeep

i have only stalled my axle out once that was when i lodeged a front tire in to a hole and in stead of stalling i broke the tire glue losse from the rim so the rim spun in the tire but the other tire still spun with the rears and got me un stuck, i have 55turn and 9t pinions and my clod seems to be plenty low geared top, speed is slower than i walk. but as gary said cog is a big factor, shaftys are cool but they are limited, im working on a quarter eliptical set up for mine now to lower the cg even more.

sbj
Old 03-10-2005, 12:29 PM
badtodabone

hey TJ i can make you links
Old 03-10-2005, 09:54 PM
TerribleOne

ORIGINAL: badtodabone

hey TJ i can make you links
Well i was just gonna do arrow shaft links agn
but i got some 5/16 rod here so maybe ill just tap the ends and use that

hey matt....what size drill bit, tap ,and screw do you use for the traxxas rod ends?
Old 03-11-2005, 07:19 PM
badtodabone

i thread the maxx ends to a 6/32 and use a 6/32 screw
Old 03-20-2005, 10:01 PM
mtrchamp
My Feedback: (4)

how do you lengthen the wheelbase soo much? I want to lengthen the wheelbase on my mini quake....
Old 03-24-2005, 06:05 PM
studysession

Love the pics!!! Keep them coming. I also like seeing the EMaxx climbing over the rocks. I have an EMaxx and will eventually convert it to brushless. For climbing I bought a TLT-1, it is OK. But need to make some changes to it.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:55 AM
MAXXacceleration

I should update on my Trail Maxx. I straightened the bent G3 upper arm out perfectly and Gorilla sent me free upgraded(beefier) arms to boot. Gorilla(George) and RCMonster(Mike) have been great to me.
Now I have to get my TF project going...