Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Krylon fusion paint

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Krylon fusion paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 05:51 AM
builder jim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Krylon fusion paint

Has any body tried this ? Ive used it on trim sheet stripes and it goes on really well but would like to do larger areas, Ive used coverite clear over it to fuel proof and that did well waited about 8 hrs after spraying the color to spray the clear, though the clear will come off with the tape in some areas, maybe should sand the color first? maybe try on scrap covering and see if its fuel proof for myself?
Old 03-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Krylon fusion paint

If the paint is an ACRYLIC lacquer or enamel it is fuel proof.

For clear coating try a water base polyurethane. It is definitely good to 10% nitro and reports indicate no problems with 15% nitro.

To minimize/eliminate the pulling of underlying paint use 3M brand blue masking tape. You want the "60 Day Safe Release". It is easily identified by the adhesive rating on the wrapper - it is a 2 dot rating, where the other stuff is a 3 dot (or higher ) rating.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:24 AM
builder jim

Thanks campy, JIM
Old 03-31-2005, 10:55 AM
iwannafly
My Feedback: (1)

I would run a test on that water based clear polyurethane being fuel proof. I did with 10% and it went gooey. Glad I tested first.