Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

esky 2 - upgrades

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

esky 2 - upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 02:44 AM
wayne8louw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esky 2 - upgrades

Hi guys I've just got my hb2 and was wondering, what parts I could use to upgrade my bird ie: motor, battery, blades etc? Are there any useful tips on upgrading this helli. I've heard that certain micro heli parts fit the hb2 but dont know which, I think its the piccalo?!
I would apprciate any help on this subject.
PS: could anyone please send some good clips or photos of thier helis in action!! [email protected][8D]
Old 04-01-2005, 07:16 AM
jlb0305

Default RE: esky 2 - upgrades

you upgrade to a brushless motor but need to get a seperate ESC. Theres a Thread on here on how to take appart your 4 in 1 and add it to it. Battery wise you can use lipo's or nimh. Not sure the max mAh though. I've seen up to 2200 mAh 11.1V lipos for sale for it but don't know if they burn anything out or not. Blades I believe are almost the same as the Hornet and Dragonfly. I've seen people mod them if needed. There are other blades online besides the wooden ones it comes with that are supposed to be for the HB2. As for other parts I don't know about the piccolo, but I think the Hornet parts fit it.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 AM
wayne8louw

jlb0305.

Thanx for the help. I'll look for the link. Do you, or have you flown the hb2? I'd like to hear from guys that have flown the hb2 and can tell me what they think of its performance and handling. I'm very new to rc and would not know good from bad.

jlb0305 what do you fly?

thanks again for all the help!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:26 AM
jlb0305

well i just ordered an HB2 online. Don't remember what site.

I used to fly though, I had a Kyosho. Got about a 1 year or so use out of it then didn't really have time to fly. So now many years later I'm getting a micro electric, unfortunately a cheap one due to being in college w/ no money.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:33 AM
wayne8louw

Do you know of any places where i can find a fuselage / bodyshell? Something that looks good! ie: "airwolf" or US Army versions.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:59 AM
jlb0305

i saw an apache shell for it on ebay when i was looking for blades (planing ahead for the crashes before the helis even at my door).
Old 04-03-2005, 01:04 PM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

you can find an airwolf fuselage with wheels that open and close on helihobby.com.