Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 58 Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:45 PM
pickensflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 58 Help

I bought a new MVVS 58cc engine and the manual was not int the box. I have made several calls and was promised I would be sent a manual, but I still do not have one. I need some help understand what each of the 3 nipples on the carburetor are for. Several folks at my club say the black one should be the gas line from the tank, which I believe is correct. What are the other 2 for? Any help would be appreciated, since I am ready to fly this engine. Also would like some info on the break-in procedure.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:47 AM
calnev4bob

Default RE: MVVS 58 Help

The black nipple on the side goes to the gas tank. The metal nipple on the bottom goes to the crankecase nipple on the backplate. The metal nipple on top of the carb that rotates freely is a vent that should be vented with a line that goes outside of the cowl.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:01 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me differentiate a bit.
The crankcase connection goes to the nipple on the cast carb cover nipple
The free air vent line goes to the sheet metal carb cover nipple.
Neither of these should rotate freely.

On running in:
Rather than write a complete book on gas engines here, have a look at the very complete [link=http://www.3w-modellmotoren.com/mounting_tips/manuals_engl/50i_engl.pdf]3W manual [/link] which is very informative, and also covers many other things so important to the beginning gas guru.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:28 AM
janch

Hi,

I think you can use e-mail
[email protected]