Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

TENSOR!?!?!!??!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 04:17 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TENSOR!?!?!!??!?!

Hey George thank you a beautifully designed airplane. I do have one question though. When I go into a hover, the plane wants to torque roll to the right instead of to the left. No I do have some right trim in it but not enough to make it do this. Any reason as to why it's doing this and how can I fix it?
Old 01-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Devin McGrath

Default RE: TENSOR!?!?!!??!?!

my shock flyer used to do that ... sometimes.. it would be torquing really slow and then it would turn and go the other way for no apparent reason
Old 01-19-2005, 04:25 PM
GRH

First, I'd reverse the two of the leads to the motor to make it spin in the right direction.

Seriously...I'm just kidding and I'm very happy you like the airplane. I haven't noticed that problem with the Tensor...actually I designed the airplane to have enough aileron power to overcome the motor's torque such that the anti-torque roll would be possible.

If the airplane is very light I can see the right aileron trim being a problem. If the airplane does start to roll right give it a quick input of left aileron to counter it and return to neutral and see what it does. I've seen this happen before on my Top Cap fun-fly if we let the thrust get to low and the airplane started to fall backwards slowly. I never really figured out why this happened...I theorized that it might be caused by the propeller re-ingesting it's wake (similar to settling with power in a helicopter). If it starts to do this also try pushing some down (or up) elevator and move away from the place you were hovering and get into clean (undisturbed) air.

Keep me informed on what you find,

George
Old 01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks for the good info George. I will test it again and let you know.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:31 PM
rcnut7904

Ifixed the flimsy tail problem, i just moved a few CF rods around. Elevator still flexes a bit, ill most likely reinforce that with some CF rods.

I dont mean to offend anybody but hey i thought id voice my opinion, if you dont like what i have to say go an read the first ammendment of the Constitution
My 2 cents
Steve
Old 02-21-2005, 05:56 PM
kennyandannie
My Feedback: (2)

I don't know Steve, mine flew great for about 50 flights. The only problem I had was when I slammed it into the ground and needed a little CA to put it back together, COMPLETELY MY FAULT!!!

The only reason I retired the first one is that I tried to do something real stupid, too much wing area and too light to fly in 20+ mph winds, however I just had to try.

As far as how the plane flew, I have another one on the bench, that should tell the story.

Jusy my .02,

Ken
Old 04-22-2005, 10:53 AM
tomfowler

So what's the bottom line between the two Park 370 motors. Is the extra weight of the 3 cell motor worth it? Can you fly the 2 cell Park 370 with a 3 cell battery? If Geoge was flying with the two cell in the video, it is sure enough power.
Thanks,

Tom
Old 04-25-2005, 11:06 PM
rcnut7904

What do you mean? Neither of the Park 370's are made for one cell type specifically, it doesnt matter what cell type you use. The only thing is that i wouldnt use it with 4 cells. As for what number of cells you use really depends on where you plan to fly it, if you fly indorrs go with the 2 cell 833 or whatever the mah is, if your flying outside i would go with the 3 cell 1320 mah pack. Cuz 3 cells will give it alot more punch. But if you fly inside in a reall big area hell go for the gusto, use the 3 cell.

Just my .02

whatever you choose just have fun!!!!!