Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster F15 retract trunions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster F15 retract trunions

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Skymaster F15 retract trunions

I have been having problems with my Skymaster F15 retract trunion yokes opening up & causing a large amount of play in the oleo leg. The aluminium they are made of seems rather soft.
I sent to Sierra precision for a pair of the heavy duty trunions they make for Robart 630 retracts.
The only modifications required are, enlarge the pin hole by about 1 mm, & file a small amount off the inside faces of the yokes.
The trunion yokes no longer open up despite some less than perfect landings.
Link to Sierra precision:-

www.sierragiant.com/prod15.html

Regards
Old 05-10-2005, 10:17 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster F15 retract trunions

Jim, even the YA retracts in my experiance the trunions could be sent to sierra and made better. According to YA I was the only person to ever buy another trunion as of last October. Not only that, I was thier second buyer of a Trunion.

I'm no "best pilot you ever saw" but I don't suck either. My landings with that airplane were johnny on the spot soft and good looking and I tweaked two brand new trunions on the same side. So, FWIW, thanks for posting that.

Sean