Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Eflite Blade CP

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Eflite Blade CP

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 02:24 PM
planefan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflite Blade CP

I just put my deposite down on one of the new Eflite Blade CP helicopters. I just could not resist paying $200 for a complete and RTF copter. Plus with some inexpensive upgrades, the thing will do anything. Am I just really excited about this, or what? Has anyone heard anything yet about it, the good, the bad, or whatever? I fly a V1 Raptor, and the indoor Hirobo Lama XRB, and felt this would offer the best of both worlds.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:23 AM
rbiasi

Default RE: Eflite Blade CP

It's the E-sky Honeybee 2 CP re-branded by E-Flite. They're fun little heli's. I've got two of em. Tough and cheap replacement parts. Looks like the only thing E-flite changed is the canopy.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Aceblasttt

According to this article I read, the Honey Bee and the new E-flite blade are similar, but the blade is a better product. I've also made a deposit on the blade and I just can't wait to get it!!

The only downside that I can see with the blade compared to the honeybee is that the blade doesn't come with a flight simulator, nor is there an option for one....yet anyways.....

The honeybee 2 is can also be found for cheaper on ebay w/out shipping cost.

I'm purchasing my blade from

www.boondoggles.com (free shipping till the end of the month)

http://www1.runryder.com/helicopter/t175671p1/
Old 05-14-2005, 01:38 PM
heli-cuzz

I have one on order. I feel like a little kid waiting for christmas. within the next two weeks it should arrive... I hope.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:06 PM
rbiasi

What article was that? I'd like to read it.

I have two Honeybee 2 CP that are a lot of fun. So I'm pretty familiar with the heli. I've looked over all of the pics that are posted for the Blade and as far as I can tell it's the exact same heli except for the canopy. The TX also looks just like the Esky TX with some new labels. And if you look at the replacement parts they are all identical to the HB2 CP. The parts even have the same last two digits as the esky parts. But I guess we'll find out as these things start to ship.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:36 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

i saw closeup pics of the rotor head, and i cant tell a difference either from the hb2 cp
Old 05-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Aceblasttt

I apologize to you all, but I had originally provided the wrong link to the article I was referring too. Here is the correct one.

http://runryder.com/helicopter/t169241p1/

It is the 6th article down and it is written by "LVRCFlyer."

I agree that both helis appear to be the same minus the cockpit. I'd like to own both the honeybee and the blade. That would be cool!

Countin' down the days. Shipment date predicted to be May 27th, 2005.

Aceblasttt to you all
Old 05-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Aceblasttt

WOOPS!!! I gave you the wrong link again!!

Here is the right link!!

http://www1.runryder.com/helicopter/t175671p1/

3rd article down written by same guy.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:12 AM
rbiasi

Aceblasttt,
Thanks! Interesting read. Since it's the guy flying the thing in the pics he probably knows what he's talking about. Sounds like the honeybee with some refinements (better servos, tail motor). Which definately would make it worth the couple of extra bucks it costs over the Honeybee 2 CP. Also the support is a plus. My favorite part about the Blade is eflite will be making upgrades that I can use on my honeybee. And I also expect to start seeing 3rd party upgrades.

I like the comment about the exploding tail rotors. I had that happen the other day! The first one failed, but I had been using it for a few months. So I figured it was beaten up. I put on a new tail rotor, was hovering for a few minutes and it failed! Never hit anything, nothing rubbing, just threw a blade off! Put on a third it did the same thing!

I've been flying the HB2 for about six months. I think I broke one tail rotor. And then that one day I had three explode! I finally put on a lucky one, but I think I'll go order a few of the e-flite tail rotors to check them out!