Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

This poor guy's wife gave away his turbine!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

This poor guy's wife gave away his turbine!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Laura H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This poor guy's wife gave away his turbine!

Wont bother getting a husband no....
Free to do, spend what ever I like

Laura
Old 05-22-2005, 11:49 AM
tommyboy1229

ORIGINAL: Mick - Laura

Wont bother getting a husband no....
Free to do, spend what ever I like

Laura

Smart Girl.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:15 PM
izz4u2mm

Ok everyone forgot about the mistress???....she's keeping the model airplane without the engine.....don't let her get away..hurry someone...Laura get her...
[X(]
Old 05-24-2005, 06:53 PM
heliweb

I will make that girl works till she make enough money to buy two new turbines for all the stress that this poor guy has suffer looking for his missing turbine or just kill her.[:@]

PD: Girls I am sorry but she deserve it!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 PM
matten

No,No, No, that is the wrong approach....... the right way is....

Teach her to fly, then to build, she will build your planes, seriously I have a friend that just did that, his wife is building wile he watch the !QUOT!Gilmore Girls!QUOT!, no that is a joke but honestly, she paint and detail RC Airplanes better than him....

Regards,
RM
Old 05-24-2005, 08:29 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: heliweb

I will make that girl works till she make enough money to buy two new turbines for all the stress that this poor guy has suffer looking for his missing turbine or just kill her.[:@]

PD: Girls I am sorry but she deserve it!!!!!!!!!
You'd KILL a woman over a turbine?
That's some sick, sexist, awful way of thinking.
Makes me sick.

SELL the woman and buy another turbine.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Duayne P
My Feedback: (15)

Had the same situation happen to a Friend of mine. He was working on a P-38 for about 2 years and when it was done and ready for the maiden flight. The day he intended to fly it his wife got mad because all his time was spent on the plane and not her that she took a machete and hacked it to bits. The only thing to survive is the G-38s. If I am not mistake they divorced 10 months later.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:21 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't condone spousal abuse...
but now I understand it.

Tommy
Old 05-26-2005, 07:29 AM
freestyln

Damn!! It sounds like theres some nasty-ass wife's out there...!! I understand i guess that they may get angry that their men spend time on their hobby, but think of it this way...

Majority of males in a marriage will be the main money supplier of the family, and hence.. will spend a minimum of 40 hours a week at a full time job... they get to the weekend and just want to chill out and take their mind of the crap at work during the work, so they work on their model. Perfect.

Meanwhile, the wife is at home all day, going to the hair dresser, doing the odd food shopping, if it applies run the kids to school in the morning and what not, and then blodge the rest with friends drinking coffee and whinging with them about their husbands who never pay attention to them and play with their planes all day.

How bout they swap roles, the male does the daily chores, and plays with planes while the lady works full time, that way when the lady comes home from work she wont have a hobby so they can spend time together... oh thats right, she wouldn't get to see her friends as much so she'd be out for a coffee with them!

It will never change.. i like Laura's approach its good to see that people who realise a relationship may not suit their lifestyle are willing to stay single n be happy doing what they love doing. Good work gal!

And to the poor bloke this thread is based on.. i can only pretend to feel ya pain! I'm trying to fund my first turbine and its damn not easy! Uni fee's are killin me ha ha Hope he gets it back!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:47 AM
OblongMushroom

good point

Its sad for me to say, but in this day and age single life is easier emotionally. Two people can go far together but one happy healthy mind alone can go further.

To the guy that started this thread, I wish you the best bro.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Strykaas

Two people can go far together but one happy healthy mind alone can go further.
No, they go into different directions. Having children takes nearly all your free time, while you can spend this time on other constructive stuff when you're alone...
Old 05-27-2005, 07:56 PM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

My late wife wasn't interested in my models, but she was very supportive of my hobby and never complained about it.

My girlfriend's father flew R/C, so she knew all about my hobby and she supports me also.

I've been a very lucky man!!
Old 05-28-2005, 12:13 AM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

Meanwhile, the wife is at home all day, going to the hair dresser, doing the odd food shopping, if it applies run the kids to school in the morning and what not, and then blodge the rest with friends drinking coffee and whinging with them about their husbands who never pay attention to them and play with their planes all day. How bout they swap roles, the male does the daily chores, and plays with planes while the lady works full time, that way when the lady comes home from work she wont have a hobby so they can spend time together... oh thats right, she wouldn't get to see her friends as much so she'd be out for a coffee with them
I wouldn't swap with my wife for a million bucks, she works her butt off. Clean house , always clean laundry (that'd kill me straight off, I ended up getting a twice weekly cleaning service when I was single just cos I hated that crap) takes care of three kids, only one, a five year old who is old enough for school. The other two one of whom is in diapers still to take care of all day , plus my two teenagers every other week, shopping, bill paying, letter writing, card posting, birthday remembering ad infinitum. She does most of the gardening too. On top of that she stays home all the time and when she has a break in her daily stuff she does her hobby, carves dolls from solid chunks of wood and builds doll houses, her only relief. She is easier on my money than I am, she gets a few new chisels and counts it an extravagance, I drop a couple of grand on a plane and much more to fit it out without batting an eye.
I was talking to a flying buddy at Joe Nall and he was singing the praises of his wife, I told him that we were lucky, not because we had good wives, millions of guys do, we were lucky because we realised it. Maybe because we know where our bread is buttered and we let em know things go better for us.
Example, we are in a temporary house till our new one is finished being built, it is single garage, 999 square feet and only one bathroom so there is no workplace to build my big birds, mostly 1/4 scale warbirds, even my bvm sabre is on hold and that takes no room at all. I told her it was Joe nall coming up and she asked what I was flying, I didn't have anything good ready due to the lack of workshop, she says and I quote " well I could empty our bedroom and sleep on the kids bedroom floor, then if we move all the furniture you could build in there". I didn't take her up on it but I did do a lot work in there and on the dining table without a word from her. What can I say.
I know there are bad wives out there just as many as bad husbands but not all of them. I do know this though, I am a member of three clubs here in Orlando with about four hundred members and fly at many others, out of all the guys I fly with I bet I could count on my hands the wives who really dissaprove, most are happy the old men are doing something like this and not chasing skirt or whatever. Mines just happy that I am doing something I like and that I am happy she does hers.
good Luck
Paul