Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Cap X Expo Rates

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 09:02 AM
cougar347

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cap X Expo Rates

Chip, I'm in the final stages of setting up my Cap X and noticed that you are recommending 80% expo on all high rate settings. I really want to go by the book for my initial flights, but I've never used that much expo on any of my planes. I don't really like that mushy feeling around neutral that much. The plane I'm flying now is the 40 sized Funtana and I have 20% and 50% expo settings on that.

Is the Cap X really that sensitive on high rates? Do you think I'd be OK lowering the high rate expo settings to 60% for my initial flights, or should I just leave it at 80% and see how it flies? I guess the other alternative would be to reduce the throw on high rates for the initial flights and use my more sensitive 60% expo settings.

What do you think? Have you gotten any feedback from the other Cap X fliers about your recommended high rate expo settings?

Thanks for your help,

Vince
Old 05-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cap X Expo Rates

It is just a recomendation to start with. I think you will probably like it if you try it that way, please keep in mind the little funtana has a flat stab, so the elevators are typically not as effective as one that has an airfoil.

As for feedback about the expo, I have not had one person say anything about it so it must be pretty close for most people.

Let me know what you think

chip
ORIGINAL: cougar347

Chip, I'm in the final stages of setting up my Cap X and noticed that you are recommending 80% expo on all high rate settings. I really want to go by the book for my initial flights, but I've never used that much expo on any of my planes. I don't really like that mushy feeling around neutral that much. The plane I'm flying now is the 40 sized Funtana and I have 20% and 50% expo settings on that.

Is the Cap X really that sensitive on high rates? Do you think I'd be OK lowering the high rate expo settings to 60% for my initial flights, or should I just leave it at 80% and see how it flies? I guess the other alternative would be to reduce the throw on high rates for the initial flights and use my more sensitive 60% expo settings.

What do you think? Have you gotten any feedback from the other Cap X fliers about your recommended high rate expo settings?

Thanks for your help,

Vince