Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

should I or should I not/Radiocraft at LHS

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

should I or should I not/Radiocraft at LHS

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should I or should I not/Radiocraft at LHS

Hey Fellows

There is a Radiocraft airplane that has been there for several months, and the owner did not want to sale it, but now its up for sale, so far what I can tell it has is a Brisson 6.2, 8411's on the elevators, and some other servos I'm not formaillry with, But anyway if I bought it there are a few things I would want to change like all the servos, maybe the engine, But anyway I wanted to get everyones opinion he's asking $3000 dollars, The plane has a beautiful covering , but you can tell my the things that are in it its about 3 or 4 years old, I'm guess though simply because of the things that were on it.. Anywell tell me what you guys think....

Thanks

Randy
Old 06-02-2005, 02:27 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: should I or should I not/Radiocraft at LHS

To me.. with that engine and its age - its worth maybe $2000 $3K is way too high.
If that's an original Radiocraft that airplane is very nice and a superb flyer - they hold up very well to use too. That said, someone I know purchased the same plane in excellent condition with a DA100 + good digitals for $2K

DP
Old 06-02-2005, 02:29 PM
PJFaller

I wouldnt worry about the engine. Ive had several Brison Engines and both twins the 4.8 and the 6.4 run flawlessly. Ive never had one quit in flight on me!! There customer service is great as well. Thats all I know about the purchase.

Pete
Old 06-02-2005, 02:56 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

I wasn't knocking the engine.. just saying that I personally know someone who got a DA100 in theirs AND were able to use all the servos, etc for $2K I just don't think $3K is a good deal at all, in fact I think its way high.

I have seen very nice Cardens sell for $3200 with DA or 3W power. The Radiocraft is a nice plane, but it 'aint no Carden.

DP
Old 06-02-2005, 07:00 PM
PJFaller

Dp,

I know you werent knocking the engine, I was just giving my input on the engine seeing thats the only thing I have experience with on that combination. Price does sound a little high. Most of the time you buy from a hobby shop it is because the owner wants to make his money and the LHS takes a cut as well. Thats just the nautre of the beast.

Pete
Old 06-02-2005, 08:33 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

I've have always used the 1/2 price rule
Original price divided by 1/2 and then start negotiation.
That's just me: and I gotta be me
Old 06-02-2005, 08:50 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Thats a little much IMO, the $3K. I know where you can get a carden 35% edge thats pristine, da 100, all hitec 5945s, etc, etc, etc, with only 6 flights on it for $2800, so there are better deals out there than that.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:57 AM
BKH
My Feedback: (4)

I bought one of those last year with a 3w 100 TOC, Hitec digitals, new 2700's and a composite spinner ready to fly less rx for 1600$. I flew it for a few months (and loved it, best flying plane Iv'e ever owned, but it was just too big for me to haul). I then stripped the servos and batteries out of it and sold it for what i paid for it.
Brian