Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Columbo Anderson 38% Extra

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Columbo Anderson 38% Extra

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 03:01 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Columbo Anderson 38% Extra

Has anybody flown this airplane?? How does it fly compared to other 40% sized planes???
Old 06-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Rockyaged

Default RE: Columbo Anderson 38% Extra

My Son had one that was lost to a radio failure. It was a great flying airplane, with a DA150, with in cowl
mufflers. He saved the wings, tunnel and tail feathers. He bought another kit of this plane and will soon
have one flying and a short time after that, a back-up. He is weight conscious, and lightens his planes as
much as can be done without weakening the airframe. Nine 8611's, 2 Elevators, 4 Ailerons and 3 logged
together for Rudder. Two standard servos for throttle and choke. There's a kit for sale on this site, and if
I were able to handle a plane of that size, flying, storage and transporting to flying site, it would be sold by
now.
I don't offer you an guarantee that it will be THE plane for you, but it stands a great chance of being just that.
If you'd like a couple of pics, e-mail me with your e-mail address, and I'll send you a couple.

Gerald

Old 06-09-2005, 12:34 PM
rcavi8ter
My Feedback: (19)

I currently have one of these that is a couple years old and it flies really well. I currently have it for sale as I don't fly it much anymore. I have a 3W150 on standard mufflers, dual 8611's per ailerons, 1 8611 per elevator and a Seiko on the rudder. Very light plane and a good buy. I cheated and added large counterbalances to the elevators which seems to be the norm.

Chris
Old 06-09-2005, 04:27 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Rockyaged,

That kit you mention is the one I am looking at. I live about two hours away from where the seller is. I sent the guy an offer yesterday for his full asking price, Im just waiting for a reply. I am flying a WH 35% Extra right now and it does fine but I have had bad luck with this plane (NOTHING to do with the plane just crazy stuff like, running out of gas in a hover, a kid running over it with a bike, hanger rash, etc.) Its just time to move on to something NEW, and bigger is better!!