Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

H9 Edge 1.2 incidences... Help...!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Norman Soto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Edge 1.2 incidences... Help...!!!

Hey again. I´m about to finish up my Edge 1.2, but something horrible happened.... There's nothing regarding incidences in the instruction booklet...!!! The stabilizer has 1 negative degree incidence[sm=confused.gif]... help anyone...!!!![sm=drowning.gif]
Old 06-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: H9 Edge 1.2 incidences... Help...!!!

Set the tail and wing to 0 incidence.

Engine down thrust will be about 1 or 2 degrees.

You can shim the front side of your tail to get the incidence back to 0. Mount the wing first and see how it all lays out. It may be easier to shim the wing to match the tail--depending on the firewall angle.

Set the tail of the fuse up on blocks untill the stab is at 0 and then mount the wing. The wing may or may not bolt in at 0 degrees. You'll have to make a decision as too weather or not to shim the wing or tail.

I had the same problem with mine. I shimmed the tail on the LE to get it back to 0 and my wing fit the saddle close enough. The wing was actually just shy of 1/4 degree positive in the saddle from the factory.

You can use a balsa chunk and sand it to shape--or use microballons and 15 minute epoxy on the tail. Just put wax paper on the stab and put the microballons and epoxy in the saddle. Then squish the tail back on and check it with an incidence meter as the epoxy cures. A few well-placed T-pins will help hold the tail level both latterally and fore and aft.

Get a razor blade and trim the excess epoxy off--just as it starts to get stiff. Don't wait too long--or your screwed. After you trim the excess epoxy with a hobby knife--wipe with 70% isopropal alcohol. Makes a nice smooth finish. But--you gotta time it just right.

Good luck.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Norman Soto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 Edge 1.2 incidences... Help...!!!

Thanx a lot... already done... I think I'm flying the plane en some 2 weeks from now... the servos are still on the way.