Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

conversion of gas heli engine to aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

conversion of gas heli engine to aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 10:58 PM
eltonhodges
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default conversion of gas heli engine to aircraft?

Hey guys,
Just crashed my Minature aircraft gas heli into pieces. After picking it all up, I test ran the engine (older G23 Zenoah, with CDI). It runs really well and has no apparent ill effects from the crash. Now, herein lies my problem. I'm relatively new into fixed wing, just learned how to do an avalanche in my H9 Funtana 40. I'm thinking that instead of getting another heli, since I have two others sitting on my shelf, I'd get a Wild Hare 73" Edge and perhaps leave heli's alone for a while. I'm just wondering if my G23 would be able to be converted to run it. If so, what would I need, besides the spacer and hub assy? Would I need a new ignition or head? This is a really strong engine. I had work done on it by Blois engines. It now runs at 3.1 HP at 8500 RPM. It weighs in at just a tad over 1.8 lbs.
If anyone has done the conversion, or knows how. Please let me know. Thanks. Elton
Old 06-25-2005, 06:20 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Default RE: conversion of gas heli engine to aircraft?

bolt it to the firewall and go fly............... oh and cut a hole for the pull starter too, i set a heli engine up for a buddies plane with the pull start its great, stand behind wing give her a pull and its runnin, no more flippin or exposing your self to the shred o matic prop
Old 06-25-2005, 12:57 PM
eltonhodges
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: conversion of gas heli engine to aircraft?

Thanks Fastrat,
I'll call Wild Hare and get the Edge. I never even thought of keeping the pull start on, but now that you mention it, I will probably save a finger or two.[8D]