Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

XXX-S Belts and gears

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 06:12 PM
bmxboy50789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XXX-S Belts and gears

I have a xxx-s and i currently have a Novak fusion esc in it, an epic binary 2, 19 turn mod motor, a 90 tooth spur and a large pinion.....i have the large pinion because i want that top end, but i still want the inital toruqe too.....What is the point of the different types of belts for these cars?? Also should i get a new aftermarket belt what improvements will i see? Then should i stay with my 90 toth spur or go back down to my 86? then what pinion will i still get the good accel, and have the top end??? Also i want to do a major upgrade on it so i am gonig to get a no limit esc and i am looking at the Team Orion Revolution, is this a good motor??? If mnot what motor should i go with??? Thanks for all the help, if possible please respond to this, if not all of it, then please help me with bits and pieces
Old 07-13-2005, 08:06 PM
drifter bai

Default RE: XXX-S Belts and gears

not too sure, but i think a larger spur increases torque, where-as a smaller one increases top end. and not enough info on the belt you are considering, is it wider, armid fibre reinforced, or does it have more teeth? if i were you, i wouldn't replace the belt if it isn't stretched out too much or worn excessively. instead invest in a variety of spurs and pinnons and experiment to find the ratio that suits your driving and circuit the most.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:29 AM
bmxboy50789

Default RE: XXX-S Belts and gears

yeah, one of the belts is extra strechy so the guy at the lhs said it helps eliminate skip in racing, bout only when you need it. Also i have a 88 tooth spur on with a 35 pinion thats the only way i can hold my top end.......any other ideas.