Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Clark Industries 1/4 scale Hawker Hurricane

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Clark Industries 1/4 scale Hawker Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 03:52 AM
numancia
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clark Industries 1/4 scale Hawker Hurricane

HI, I am slowly putting together the kit. Have no experience with the engine supplied and would appreciate any suggestions from anyone who has. Engine is the Clarke Merlin, it is basically two Quadra 52 cylinders coupled behind each other fitted with a mechanical advance linkage to the electronic ignition.
Anyone out there built one ofr these kits? I understand there are not many around [they are expensive].
Old 06-24-2005, 03:19 PM
BlueMax3
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Clark Industries 1/4 scale Hawker Hurricane

Has anyone built this kit or flown this plane? Any recent flight reports? I am considering ordering the Clark Hurricane and am looking for more information.

Thanks,

Travis
Old 06-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Brad330l

Sorry,,,,, cant be of any help.
BUT,,,,,
Please post pictures. Actually a full build review would be great.

One of the guys here in Western Australia is determined to get the big Spitty.
He is visiting Canada later in the year and will be checking it out.

All the best with the build, I love Hurricanes and some pics would by great.

Brad

Old 06-25-2005, 08:59 PM
BlueMax3

Hi Brad,

A big Hurricane would be my dream plane and the Clark Hurricane seems to be top notch, although I did see an interesting post about the Clark planes never showing up at any scale events. Although it is expensive, it comes complete with everything, so it is not that bad when one considers what all the extras costs. It would be nice to know what kind of performance this plane has with the Merlin inline twin 110.6 cc engine. It's a big plane and at 40lbs, would be a lot to handle. It would have more than twice the wing loading of my KMP Hurricane! Besides the cost, I have never undertook a project like this and do not have the necessary skills. I would have to rely upon some fellow modellers for the advance building techniques. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on my decision.

Travis
Old 07-14-2005, 07:11 PM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

I have the Hurricane and two of the spitfires. I have just received the hurricane and that and one spit is in kit form. The other spit is ready for glass. The Hurricane has the Merlin 2 with 2 sachs 52 heads as has my second spitfire, the older Spitfire has the Merlin 1 with the 2 quadra heads. The kits are beautiful and they are rarely seen as few people buy them and few of those finish them. My hurricane and Spitfire both came from people who never started or finished their kits. My friend has an older Spit too and it is the best looking out there. His needs a fuel system overhaul but the engine flies it fine though not overpowered by any means. You could get more speed by going to a 2 blade prop but I wouldn't do that on the Hurricane as the three blader is appropriate.
these are my planes http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345702
and here is my cockpit http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150876
Good Luck
Paul