Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

how to zero great planes incidense laser

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

how to zero great planes incidense laser

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
b-mccor8
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to zero great planes incidense laser

I want to check the incidence of my rear stabs, how do I properly zero the laser pointer. If I use my work bench must it be perfectly level? Do I just stand the meter on its little feet.? The instructions say to just put it on the stab and zero the meter? what good does that do me if I am tring to set and measure the rear stab? Must I level the plane? I really don't understand i appreciate all your help. Thanks, Brenden
Old 07-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: how to zero great planes incidense laser

It is my understanding, unless otherwise noted, that you set the meter on the stab, set to zero, and then see what your wings are in relation to the stab, not the other way around. I honestly see no way of accuratly zeroing the meter, then trying to get the stab level, etc etc.

Perhaps you could level the thrust line of the plane, then on a perfectly level surface zero the meter. I see no other way to do it.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:24 PM
the-plumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how to zero great planes incidense laser

ORIGINAL: b-mccor8

I want to check the incidence of my rear stabs, how do I properly zero the laser pointer. If I use my work bench must it be perfectly level? Do I just stand the meter on its little feet.? The instructions say to just put it on the stab and zero the meter? what good does that do me if I am tring to set and measure the rear stab? Must I level the plane? I really don't understand i appreciate all your help. Thanks, Brenden
Find the basic reference line for your model. That may be the thrust centerline, or an arbitrary line on the plans, or it may in fact be the stab itself.

Level the model's reference line.

Calibrate the laser pointer the the reference line.

It's all in the manual.