Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Got anything you want to get rid of?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 03:11 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Got anything you want to get rid of?

How about helping out this Kid in Russia?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3165762/tm.htm
Old 07-14-2005, 03:44 PM
rc car CRAZY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got anything you want to get rid of?

I wold love to but I have nothing to spare, If something pops up ill post here about it.
Thats the problem with this hobby, you need a lot of money to do anything really.
Ben
Old 07-15-2005, 03:25 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

his parents can apparently afford a scanner and a computer and the internet, why doesn't he get a job?
if an American kid came on here and said that do you think anybody would help? i sure as hell wouldn't.
I'm not trying to be a *****, but cmon, this is some kinda scam or something. the kid should be thankful for the roof over his head and food on the table. if he didn't have those things, the last thing he'd be concerned about is an RC car truck plane boat etc...
Old 07-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Mad Wax

Not exactly skin and bones either.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:31 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Yeah, i'm closin in on 260 lbs and his chin looks like mine, LOL.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Nitroaddict

Both of you who posted above should be ashamed of yourself. Why not assume someone is telling the truth until proven wrong? Try being charitable once and a while...even if it's only in your heart.

Someone took the time to ask if there was anything old and abused they could have. They are asking for your trash, and you insult them instead of feeling sorry for them.

It's the attitude like yours, that causes so many people around the world to think Americans are greedy, selfish, and inconsiderate.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:15 AM
RCDadChicago
My Feedback: (34)

Old 07-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Mad Wax

I'm not well off either, and electronics round here is very expensive... I don't expect charity especially when it concerns a non essential "hobby" You don't see me begging people to get a new tuned pipe for the one I bust which only lasted 2 weeks. That pipe was one weeks wage. And I'm not an American. If the kid wants to acquire something he should at least attempt to save up for one. He's got a digital camera so can't be that poor. Everything I own I've saved up for, it's taken ages but I paid for it myself.

Food on the other hand is another totally different thing..
Old 07-15-2005, 09:31 AM
nickd

You have to think about it differently guys
He is 14, most places in the world you cannot work until You are 15 or 16, I think that he is just looking for something to get him started , I can relate, my parents still think this hobby is stupid and will not help buy anything, even preventing me from buying stuff.
He may have a computer and webcam but that does not nessissarly mean he can afford a RC, its a damn expencive hobby if your not in the US and I am starting to realize that. (I live in Canada)
Nick
Old 07-15-2005, 02:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Lord_Nick_D

its a damn expencive hobby if your not in the US and I am starting to realize that.
I DO live in the US and it's still a damn expensive hobby.
Nitro, what about the second part of my question: if he were American would anybody be willing to help him out? C'mon, he's working up the lack-of-toilet-paper-and-bread angle. just MHO.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Nitroaddict

Sure - If it was a young, disadvantaged youth living in a low income slum somewhere in rural America, and was asking for anything that other, more well to do members would consider junk, or outdated equipment - I see no difference.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:04 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

i know man, a computer, a scanner, a digital camera, he looks like his parents do fine, he sould get a job, we all have hard time affording this hobby, it took me 6 years to finally be in this hobby so he souldnt complain, look i help out alot with people trying to get in this hobby but this is stupid, i gave a magnum sport radio to some kid at my hobby shop because he left his in the driveway and it got rained on,

the only thing i have to spare right now is some old servos and a msc, a broken esc, a broken radio, and some old motors, he needs to work for what he has and learn better english, not being mean or anything
Old 07-15-2005, 05:59 PM
fishboy

Just a comment on some comments.

Kids in Russia do go to school. It's quite possible that he has access to a computer and a scanner at school or even a local library (yes, they do read in Russia).
Learn to speak better english? How many languages do you speak fluently? Most people only speak one and have a tough time with that.
Food in other countries is often much cheaper than in the US and Russian cuisine is pretty damn rich. I have a number of Russian friends and I can honestly say that the food is way too fatty for my tastes.

I'm not trying to start any arguments, just pointing out a few things. He's asking if you have any junk etc laying around. If you do, and feel like helping the kid out, cool. If you do, but don't want to, that's still cool. It's your junk and you can do what you like with it.

In my opinion it's no different than the kid down the street asking if he can have that old beat up bike you've had behind the garage for 4 years.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Nitroaddict

The comments made by the posters in this thread have made me absolutely sick. Everyone of you should spend some quality time evaluating your morals and ethics. Before I say something I regret - I am locking this thread. Members can still see the link and respond accordingly. Members who wish to help others rather than themselves can also go to the PIF thread.