Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

READ K4.6 owners and engine guru's

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 12:38 AM
mosavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default READ K4.6 owners and engine guru's

i am fed u p with my wasp. finally retiring the engine. now, i want a engine that hold it's tune and is easy to start. i want a fast motor. no .30's or huge motors that will shred my drivetrain. my bro is buying this and he drives it alot and dosent want a mach or xtm .26. i want a motor that will start up every time. please someone post sonme info or vids of their motors. i'm taking the k4.6 into consideration. putting stock motor for now, hopefully you guys will anser quick cuz i dont want to drive the s-25 for too long.
how's the pullstart and tunabilty on the k4.6
Old 07-24-2005, 01:18 AM
mosavage

Default RE: READ K4.6 owners and engine guru's

some1
Old 07-24-2005, 01:31 AM
amec

I have a basically stock 4.6 ( with the k4.6 engine ) and it has been very strong so far. I only need to make minor adjustments to the hsn when i take it out, to deal with daily temp fluctuations. I have put 13 litres (we are metric in Oz) thru so far. It runs well and does not overheat. I have broken 2 pullstarts however. I think the spring has a hard time dealing with the compression. I just put a roto start backplate on and found that my drill is fast enough to start it from cold. I'm still unsure that i like this but i will give it a go.
Hope this helps
Old 07-24-2005, 01:52 AM
mosavage

thanks there buddy
Old 07-24-2005, 02:34 AM
ntloser

My first pullstart came off but after putting some lock tite on the pullstart screws it has been fine. I do not like my 4.6.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:56 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: mosavage

i am fed u p with my wasp. finally retiring the engine. now, i want a engine that hold it's tune and is easy to start. i want a fast motor. no .30's or huge motors that will shred my drivetrain. my bro is buying this and he drives it alot and dosent want a mach or xtm .26. i want a motor that will start up every time. please someone post sonme info or vids of their motors. i'm taking the k4.6 into consideration. putting stock motor for now, hopefully you guys will anser quick cuz i dont want to drive the s-25 for too long.
how's the pullstart and tunabilty on the k4.6

You want "fast" get the Sportwerks .26, a screamer of an engine.
You want excellent overall power, with almost idiot proof easy tuning, get the XTM 24.7 Pro.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:46 AM
bri511
My Feedback: (1)

I don't have any problems with my 4.6. I tried the WASP .28, but it was too hard too keep tuned so I put it up on Ebay. My 4.6 SS runs strong and pulls away from the .28 WASP. I hardly ever have to adjust the tuning to keep it running, just get fuel to the engine and it starts right up.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:54 AM
mosavage

hey plar, i want to get the k4.6 so i can trade it in with mmy s-25. it will be cheaper
Old 07-24-2005, 11:02 AM
mosavage

i wanto go up or stay at the performance level of the wasp. i was looking around and also saw the picco .27. an1 have one of those.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:34 PM
bibo

I have the K4.6 and I can't be more happy , I can't remember when was the last time I tuned the engine.

Mine is geared 19/47 and with the 3 speed gearbox and Dirt Bonz it's crazy fast.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:58 AM
mosavage

i think i'm goign to put my stock engineback in and get a collari .32