Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for good .40 sized 3d/IMAC ARF's

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Suggestions for good .40 sized 3d/IMAC ARF's

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:43 PM
blk96gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for good .40 sized 3d/IMAC ARF's

I'm on my second Accel Hobbies Katana GS 40, with about 60-70 flights on this one and around 50 on the first one. This plane is great for what it's for, 3d, but I'm wanting to start getting into more precision/IMAC style flying with a more scale looking plane that will also do some 3d(hovering, rolling harriers, knife edge spins, etc). I have been looking at the at the Great Planes .40 Extra 300s, but from what I've read it comes out pretty heavy, and doesn't really do 3d too well(I could be wrong, but I haven't been able to find much info on this plane). I have done some looking around, and can't really find the exact plane I'm looking for, mainly and Extra or Edge. The motor I would like to use would be a Saito .72 or .82.

From what I've read, it's really hard to find a good .40 sized plane that fits this description, and the best way to go is to get a .60 sized or larger plane. The problem is I drive a Mustang, and I don't have much room for a .60, so if anyone knows of a good .40 sized plane that fits this description, please feel free to tell me your experiences. I'm not limited to any certain brand or price, and would like the plane to be give or take around $200. I also don't want to spend time having to modify a plane because of poor build quality(adding flying wires and such are fine, but major modifications are a big turn-off).

This is a pretty picky description, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated. If it comes down to it, I can get a .60-.90 sized(I can always use my girlfriends Jeep Cherokee , but I would still prefer to have a .40 sized. Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Suggestions for good .40 sized 3d/IMAC ARF's

You could get a Fliton Extra 330 with a Saito 100. Thats what i'm going to put on mine when it comes. But anyways its $203.00 from abellrc then only draw back is that there are pretty much NONE left for sale in the US. In 2 weeks you will be able to get though. There is a 13 page thread in the 3D flying section on it.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:21 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The Pacific Edge 540T 40/82 has a good reputation for quality and outstanding IMAC/3D performance. Best engine choices are Saito 82 or YS 63, but an OS 50 works almost as well.

www.pacaeromodel.com

Jim
Old 07-25-2005, 12:05 AM
blk96gt

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The Fliton Extra 330 looks awesome, and according to some of the posts in the thread about it, it flies as well as it looks. But man, that Edge is just AWESOME looking. I don't know why, but I have always been attracted to the Edge's. You just don't see too many of them around, mostly Extra's(that is just me though, other people might have different experiences).

What engine do you have on your's jrf? I never saw it in the thread(I may have missed it, or it may be later on in the thread). Are you still flying your Edge? Thanks again for the suggestions guys.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:57 AM
SBR_RV

go with the edge, they are awsome, top quality
Old 07-25-2005, 09:42 AM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use an OS 50. I'm partial to 2 strokes, but the 63 and 82 have better pull-out from a hover than my 50 does.

Yes, still flying it and loving it.

Jim