Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

WM Midget Mustang color?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

WM Midget Mustang color?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 02:48 PM
skorman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WM Midget Mustang color?

I want to purchase a WM Midget Mustang. Just can't decide on the color. The white version is what I prefer but I'm wondering how hard it will be to keep track of in the air. My second choice is the yellow 50th Anniversary version. Anyone have any experience with the visibility of the white or yellow version? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WM Midget Mustang color?

Mine in the photo here was originally the white version. I bought it about 5 years ago. I have OS 1.08 up front . Very overpowered. The white versions was a nightmare to keep up with. After I flew it a couple years, I stripped it and recovered and changed the location of the gear. As you can see the top is all red but the bottom is all white

If I had to do it again, that 50th anniversary yellow would have been the smarter move. I don't really care for the tiger striped one. To get the most out of this thing, consider a .90 size 2 stroke or Saito 100
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29872.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	252467   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41998.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	252468  
Old 04-02-2005, 06:25 AM
skorman

A Saito 100 is what's going in my plane. From the pictures, it looks like you enlarged the vertical. Any other mods that you've done or would suggest? How's the hardware that comes with the plane?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Cyclic Hardover

The control horns and the and the clevis's are okay. Keep an eye on the horns, I think the rudder is a hair smaller. I would get rid of the metal rods, I replaced my elevator rods with 4-40 to avoid bowing. I also changed the plan and ran dual elevator servos to the back. I simply widened the slot and stuck the rudder in the middle and the elevators on either side of it. I like having a solid back end.

3-4 years ago, some guy had his in one of the magazines-RC report or something. He changed his gear and change the stab for better stability. I liked it so I did the same and after I got done rebuilding it. It actually flew better. Before that it was a bit of a pain. Not bad but just a bit. This thing lands very hot and does not like to slow down. I keep my approachs on the lower side of normal to help

Name:	Ax73161.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	252831  
Old 07-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Eagle28SX

Having built, and still fly the real Midget Mustang that the white WM Midget Mustang was modeled after, I'm kind of partial to it. Here's a picture of it (they used a black & white picture of my plane for the design, so they got the trim color wrong, but it still looks good).

Name:	Us53870.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	300764  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Mettler1

I bought a Midget Mustang with the white with blue trim. Took all the blue trim off (came off easy) except for the painted cowl. Then I added my own trim scheme.

Name:	Ki18157.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	301110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58177.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	301111  
Old 07-25-2005, 04:49 AM
skorman

I went with the yellow color scheme below equipped with a Saito 100. Great flyer and easy to see in the air.

Name:	Xv65020.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	301154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38351.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	301155  
Old 07-25-2005, 11:44 AM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

I had the tiger-striped-Cub-Yellow one. OS .91 4 stroke inverted. Flew very nicely. Not race caliber speed but very fun to mock race with. Had a clevis come off the elevator and it was destroyed. Forgot to add a fuel tubing "safety" to keep the klevis shut. (Builder error)

The Cub yellow is very easy to see.

I liked the plane so much that I have the Navy Blue one now...not built, but soon will be.

You can buy the ARC one and cover with your own colors.

Don